3

Hoseok glanced as Jin walked into the room. The leathery couch beneath him was certainly heaven with the prestigious material.

"Well, hey," he called as he looked on over to the clear bowl of sweets, his hands reached on over and pulled a random candy from it, he unraveled the wrapper, nearly cringing at the sound before popping it into his mouth.

Jin rose a brow before sitting on the opposite end. He tugged on the sleeves of his shirt; a purple dress shirt it was before taking a candy as well.

"Some of the candies are filled with poison," Hoseok informed as he lolled his head, "So, what did you do?"

Jin unexpectedly placed the candy back, still a little unsure as he released a deep sigh as he stared at the high chandelier above him, "I attacked a dude. I wasn't here long enough to know if he's dead though."

Hoseok chuckled wholeheartedly, "Knowing you and your superhuman strength I'd say he's dead," he smiled as he took another reluctant choice of the spheroid before taking it into his mouth.

The elder male would only raise a brow at his comment, "You weren't keen on coming here in the first place, why're you so- excited?"

Hoseok smiled as he looked at Jin who was awaiting his answer, "I heard from a few staff that the new girl we're guarding is really hot."

Jin rose a brow, "Oh really? I wonder how she looks," he commented aloud earning a smug look from the latter.

"Daydreaming, are we?" He chuckled as he glanced at the door, Namjoon strolling right in.

Jin waved meekly towards the taller male who would only nod as a response.

"Oh, what'd you do?" Hoseok asked as Namjoon shrugged, "Basically it was the same as Jin's, but the person was way smaller," he commented.

Hoseok scrunched up his face, "Is it just me or are these challenges too easy? Or are they progressing as we go?"

"I don't know," Jin mumbled as he got up and walked around, "Are we allowed out of here?"

The orange haired male took a moment to think, "From what I recall, I don't think we are until everyone is done."

Jin nodded in comprehension while looking at the adorning portraits of a husband and her wife. On her finger, she wore a bold ring that would far too blinding for even the camera to capture its essence.

Namjoon looked at the candies before glancing back at Hoseok, "Is it just the three of us?"

"Sometimes," he murmured as he glanced at a long dark hallway, "But sometimes the servants come to gossip."

Taehyung crashed through the door, panting as his eyes were glazed over with a red shade. His teeth enlarged and long nails scraped over his own skin.

Namjoon tensed at the sight but sat still. Saying nothing while Hoseok soon took notice and sat as still as could be.

The only one who wasn't phased by Taehyung's pre-demonic presence was Jin—and that's only because he didn't know.

Taehyung looked around the room. The unmoving objects were quite unsettling but didn't seem to come off as a threat.

He dragged himself towards the black couch, kicking his feet up on the coffee table, with his sack pulled back so it wouldn't be in his way.

With given time Taehyung slowly started losing the distinctive features that would classify him as a demon and morphed back into a human.

"Oh thank fucking goodness," Hoseok clutched as he looked at Taehyung with te most bewildered expression, "I held my breath the entire goddamn time."

Namjoon nodded in agreement, "I'm surprised Jin didn't get attacked with all his annoying remarks."

"They're not annoying!" Jin huffed with pouted lips as he saw the rest of the batch finally come in.

Namjoon rose a brow, "Took you long enough."

Jungkook visibly twitched, "Shut the fuck up. You don't know what I had to go through," he whispered in a menacing voice as he brushed past everyone, "Let's go."

"Go where? This place is enormous. We'll get lost as soon as we take three steps out into the hallway."

Jungkook heaved a sigh before sitting himself down on Namjoon's lap. The latter felt mildly uncomfortable with the stench of sweat radiating from the younger before him, resulting in his leaving his seat open for the younger.

"I wonder what all of that was for," Jin whispered, his eyes glued to a painting of two people holding a child- it would've looked endearing, but half of the child's face was painted black, it's skin melting off with a look of pure terror while the parents flashed fake smiles to the viewer.

He shivered at the sight and sat beside Hoseok, "I mean, obviously they're looking for something, right?" He asked as he tried to occupy himself with his hands, trying to rid himself of the awful picture.

"Perhaps," Namjoon agreed while sitting on the floor, "But I'm getting really impatient. Why aren't we meeting our new boss yet?"

Yoongi heard a door stutter for a moment before shaking the thought away. His half-lidded eyes trailed all around the room, from the spotless frame to the embroidered fabric.

"I feel like we're stuck in here," Taehyung mumbled as he kicked his tethered shoes off from the coffee table, his transparent robe flying dramatically as he moved his arms.

Jungkook shrugged as he fanned himself, "Perhaps," he inclined himself on the couch, "But we could easily escape."

Jin sauntered around the area until he found himself quite distance from the group. He was about to leave until he felt the sudden urge to stay and look at the decor a little longer.

His eyes glistened as he saw another painting of the demonic child. In this portrait, his human face was smiling while holding a flower, with the scenery quite serene and peaceful.

However, with the melted black half of the child, they were crying, desperately trying to be free while flames roared in the background.

"Guys this is—"

"You all may proceed to meet Park."