Chapter 7

Bailee's POV:

How those doctors didn't ask me about my scars, I have no idea. Maybe they just assumed it was from my abusive father. That he put those cuts there. Before Demi showed up I was mentally freaking out. I kept thinking he was going to come after me. And I still do. I'm so scared. But I can't let Demi know, I don't want her to worry even more about me. She has a big tour coming up and she needs to be focused on that, not me. It's been a week since I was in the hospital and today I get to leave. Thank God. This place is so miserable, I'm surprised I didn't die of boredom. Demi had to leave early to go practice for her tour. She sent Max over here to come pick me up and bring me to her house. I sit here for another 15 minutes and finally I see Max. He looks at me and smiles and grabs my bags. He helps me into the car and we drive off to Demi's house. I look out the window taking in the beauty of this place and that's when I see a big house and we pull into its driveway. Her house is huge! No wonder why she gets lonely, I wouldn't know what to do with such a big place like this all to myself either. Max grabs my bags and helps me out of the car. He says that Demi will be back in a half an hour. He lets me into her house and says he is on his way to get Demi. I walk in and find a note on the counter.

'Bailee, please make yourself at home. There is a bunch of food in the kitchen and you can eat as much as you want. Also, there are movies in the stand next to the couch in the living room. Pick any one you want and we can watch it when I get back. I'll see you soon. Love you, Demi.'

I go into her kitchen and find some Fruit Loops. I grab a bowl and pour them into it and add milk. I walk over to the living room and find the stand with the movies. Romantic. Romantic. Romantic. Ahh, The Conjuring. I grab the movie. I put my bowl of cereal down and decide to walk around this giant maze of a house. I go upstairs and see what I assume to be her room. I walk down the hallway and find a small guest room. I go back downstairs and bring my bags up to the guest room. I decide I should probably take a shower. After a couple of minutes of searching I find a huge bathroom. I undress and hop into the giant shower. I wash up quickly and get out. I put on a large sweatshirt and a pair of shorts and put my hair up in a messy bun. As I'm walking down the stairs to put my dirty clothes somewhere, I see the front door open and Demi walks in. "Hey beautiful" she says to me. She walks over and wraps her arms around my waist and pulls me in and kisses me. After the best 10 seconds of my life I ask her "So, we're a thing now I guess?" She looks at me and smiles. "Nahh, I do this to everyone I know." I laugh at her sarcasm. "Hey babe, I'm gonna go get changed. I'll be right back." She walks up the stairs and shortly after she does I hear her call my name. "What?" I say as I walk into her room. "Where are your bags??" "Oh, I put them in the guest room down the hall." She walks out and goes to the guest room. "Babe, you're sleeping with me" she says as she comes back with my bags. "Hey, go grab the movie you picked out and we can watch it in here." I hurry back downstairs and grab the movie. When I come back into the room I see Demi in a t shirt, a pair of sweats, her hair up in a bun, and glasses on. God she is so damn cute. How the hell did I get this lucky? She grabs the movie. "Ooh a scary one. I love this movie." She puts it in and gets into bed with me. At first we weren't really snuggled next to each other, but after about ten minutes our bodies are against each other and our legs are intertwined. "Hey B, do you want anything to eat? I'm starving." "Sure, thanks" Dem gets up and goes down to the kitchen. I continue watching this movie I have never seen before and it's pretty good. One of the better paranormal based movies I have seen. Demi comes back into the room with two bowls of ice cream. "Thanks Dem" I say as she hands me the bowl of strawberry ice cream. We continue watching the movie. A half hour goes by and I'm practically in Demi's lap. This movie has gotten scarier by the minute. Something happens and I jump a little. Demi laughs. "Either you're really scared, or you just hiccupped and popped into the air a little." I look at her and she starts kissing me. We both stop paying attention to the movie. She puts her hand on my face and licks my lips. I allow her entrance and I feel our tongues dance together. She moves down to my neck and finds my sweet spot. I let out a little moan. She pulls my hair out of the messy bun. Her hands are exploring my body now. She sits up and pulls my sweatshirt off. And then everything stops. "Bailee? Why did you do this?" she has tears in her eyes and at first I have no idea what she is talking about. Then I realize that my scars and cuts have been revealed to her. My stomach drops. "Bailee. Talk to me. What is going on?" I look at her and see how worried she is. "I-I-uh.." And that's all I can get out before I breakdown. "Shhh baby. Shh. It's okay. Everything is going to be alright. Can you tell me why you did this?" I collect myself and look at her. "It started a little while ago. My group of 'friends' decided it would be funny to tease me and eventually they started spreading rumors about me getting around. I had people calling me a slut and a whore. Things got worse. My mom never knew. When I had to go over to my dad's I wasn't happy at all. I told you that he wasn't being great, but I never told you what he did to me. Demi, he raped me, he beat me, and then he tried to kill me, but you already knew that. The bruises on me are from him. Demi, I'm so scared. I'm terrified that he is going to find me somehow. And those kids, they made me feel worthless. No, actually I am worthless. I'm fat and I'm ugly, and I don't deserve to call someone like you mine." "Hey, don't you dare say that about yourself. You are perfect, scars and all. You are beautiful and you are not worthless. You matter. You matter to me. And Bailee, you are safe with me. I'm not going to let anyone or anything hurt you. I'll always be here for you." She hugs me tight. She lays back and gently lays my head down on her chest. She turns the movie off. "Hey, I wasn't done watching that" I say as I poke her arm. "Oh sorry, I thought you were falling asleep." She puts the movie back on and we finish it. "Hey Demi, thanks." "Anytime baby girl." I rest my eyes and listen to the beat of her heart. Demi turns the light off and wraps her arms around me and lays her head on mine. "Goodnight babe. I love you."

I wake up to find that Demi has gone downstairs. I put my sweatshirt on and when I get down to the kitchen I see her making breakfast. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist. "Good morning cutie." "Good morning ninja" she says while laughing a little. She is making pancakes and they look and smell delicious. "So Bailee, I have to go rehearse today again for a few hours, but after that I was thinking that I could take you out somewhere." "That sounds lovelie Dem. When do we leave for your rehearsal?" "About an hour." "Alright, I'm gonna go get dressed and you keep making this magic." I go back upstairs and get dressed. When I come back down I see a plate of bacon, eggs, and two pancakes. "None for you?" I ask her. "Nah, I already ate." After I'm done eating we hop in her car and she drives us to the arena. I take a seat in the audience and watch as she runs through Hold Up, All Night Long, and Neon Lights. She looks so good up on the stage. I can tell it's like her second home. She finishes the first set and comes down to see me. "How was it?" "I think that it could have been more, exciting." She frowns. "Demi, I'm joking. You did amazing! Every thing was fantastic." She lightly punches me in the arm. "Thanks Bailee. I'm sorry you have to sit here for so long. If you want, you can leave and go shopping for a while until I'm done." I shake my head. "I would rather sit here and watch you run through all your songs." She smiles and kisses me on the cheek. "I love you. I have to go back. I promise, as soon as I'm done we are going out for dinner." "Babe, you really don't have to do that." "But I want to, so I will." "Ugh, fine. I guess there is no winning this." She smiles at me and I hug her. "I love you Demi." And with that she leaves to go be a badass back up on stage.