Chapter 5

Demi's POV:
Two days had passed since we got here. Yesterday Bailee's mom passed and Bailee isn't the same anymore. She was really close to her mom, and I definitely saw that right before her mom passed. A little while after we had gotten to the hospital two days ago, her mom had woken up. They took the tube out of her mouth so she could talk, but other than that she was in pretty bad shape. Her voice sounded raspy and she could barely move. We all talked for a little while and then she went to sleep. Bailee and I stayed in an empty room next to her mom's. The next day her mom looked and sounded a little better. Then things went downhill. She started having trouble breathing. And she seemed to know what was going to happen, so she had Bailee come over to the bed and she said these exact words to her. "Bailee, I love you so much and you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I know you are going to be such a great person and I wish I could be here to witness that. I'm so sorry baby. Just remember, I will always be with you. I will always be watching over you and I will always be there for you. You will always be my little girl." And then she started coughing. Then she had really bad trouble breathing and she started convulsing. Bailee would not leave her side. I had to pull her away from her mom and she collapsed into my arms. And then that's when everything went crazy. Some man came storming over to us and grabbed her from me. I soon realized it was her dad and I tried to get to her but he pushed me to the ground and ran off with her. As of now, I'm going back to New York to find her and take her with me.

Bailee's POV: My mind is racing. Everything that has happened is horrible. I try to forget what happened, but as soon as I see where I am, everything comes flooding back. My mom. My dad finding me and dragging me back to his hell hole. Demi screaming and crying, trying to get to me and take me with her. I want to die. I cannot live like this anymore. My father has been abusing me more and more, like I'm some sort of slave to him. He locked the windows and I can't leave. I'm a prisoner. He took my phone too. As I'm laying in bed crying, he barges into my room. It's fucking four in the morning. "Wake up you little no good kid" I slowly turn to face him, a look of terror on my face. "Why the hell do you look so damn scared? And were you crying? You're weak. You're not my child. Any child of mine wouldn't be this weak and stupid!" His words making me feel worthless, my fingers are itching to find my razor. "Get the fuck up and come over here bitch!" I know that if I don't the consequences will be far worse than what's about to happen. "Good girl, now turn around" I know what's about to happen. I start crying to myself. Just as he is about to get going I kick him in his groin. He falls to the floor in pain and I make a run for it. I hear him behind me and I slip and fall. I scramble to get up, but I'm not fast enough and he has his hands on my neck. He starts punching me repeatedly and I start coughing up blood. Punch after punch after punch. I'm like his boxing bag. He throws me to the floor and goes to the fridge. He grabs a beer bottle and breaks the glass. Then he comes over to me and grabs me. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU, YOU NO GOOD KID. YOU'RE A STUPID LITTLE SLUT." And with that, he stabs me and I let out this blood curdling scream, then everything goes black.