Our Corner of the Universe

Hey guys I know I haven't updated in a long time. I haven't been in the mood to right but now I am. I'm sorry once again. But enjoy this slightly sad one because I'm upset.

Ship: jarbyn (jack and Corbyn)

Warning: sad and LONG

Please listen to the song it will make it better.

Jacks perspective

I step into the room hospital. Corbyn was getting his surgery done today, so I went to go get coffee for myself since he can't eat or drink before hand. I see him sitting comfortably in a chair reading a science magazine. I smile softly at him and walk over, wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him.

"Hey bub" he softly says and laughs gently. "I'm going to miss you" I say into his ear as I walk to the chair next to him.

" im going to miss you too." He says as he sighs. He leans his head on my shoulder and looks up at me.

"Promise your going to be ok while I'm gone?"

" promise" I say, learning my head down to kiss to the top of his hair.

" I don't think it will be long, maybe 2 to 3 hours they said"

" but what if something goes wrong and it lasts up to 4 hours." I reply quietly but serious. I get jumpy for surgeries because everyone I know and love died in the middle of one from it going wrong.

" it's a silly little surgery hun, they do these everyday. I'm going to be fine."

" promise?"

"I'll walk through those doors jacky. I'll make it back to you, I promise"

~________~

The doors in the back of the hallway leading into the surgery room opened loudly, causing us to look up from the magazine. "Corbyn Besson?" The nice, tall looking woman called out.

I look at Corbyn shakily and grab his hand. "I'm going to miss you, so much" I say as my eyes water. I hate hospitals. "Bub, I'm going to be just fine" he said as he stood up, pulling me with him and into a bone crashing hug.

"I love you, I love you so much."

"I love you even more."

"More than to the moon and back?" I ask as tears fall down my face freely.

"More than to the sun and back" he says, laughing softly with tears falling down both our faces now.
" you'll be back right? You won't leave me?"

"I won't leave you, I'll be back as soon as I can."

" Corbyn hunny, it's time"

"No no no, you can't leave me!" I scream into his soft long sleeve jacket. "Hun he'll be back as soon as you know it, we do this everyday" the nice woman from before says as she comes closer to us.

"See jacky, they do this everyday. When I get back we can do anything you want ok?"

"Anything?"

"Anything."

"Alright...BUT you have to promise me ice cream after ok" I say trying to be serious but failing.

"Then it's settled, ice cream after my surgery goes well."  He says hesitantly. He gives me one more hug and turns to walk with the woman but before he can leave I run up to him. I swing him around and crash my lips on his for one last time before his surgery.

He grabs my hips while I place my hands around his back pulling us closer together. We pull away and catch our breaths. "I'm going to miss that." He says as he pulls me into another hug.