20

"What do you mean aliens?" I ask.

I have to admit I say it in the most annoyed way. I'm expecting Jax to give me some scientific explanation to how he and the other students who went to Mars survived and he was telling me that aliens did it.

Greg's dumb ass clearly seemed to believe him, "Oh my god...really?"

"Jax be serious, really aliens? Listen if you don't want to tell me what really happened then you don't have to. If you want to keep your secret then that's ok with just say that. I'd respect that more."

Jax looks at me with a serious face.

"I'm not lying to you. Intelligent life is out there."

Jax is breathing heavy. Greg looks interested. I look annoyed. This is some bullshit. I didn't believe in Aliens. I didn't believe in any of this shit. It didn't make sense. If there were aliens around then why haven't they communicated with us yet? What were they waiting for?

Why the fuck would Captain LaPerla want to keep that a secret.

"I should leave man," I say.

I feel disrespected. Jax is lying straight to my face.

I'm stopped though by Jax. He pulls at my arm, "Stop. I'll tell you what happened."

"Please do, but I want the truth?" I stated.

I wasn't trying to hear some alien explanation.

"Listen, the wormhole happened. We were on our way back to the space station in the small shuttle. All of a sudden we are sucked into the wormhole," he explains, "We are lost in space when we get to the other side. We don't see the space shuttle. We all think we are pretty much done for. We don't have supplies that'll last. We were getting desperate, and right when we are about to give up. All of a sudden there were these lights."

Greg's eyes get wide, "Lights?"

"Lights," Jax explains, "We were taken."

"Like abducted?" I ask Jax.

Jax nods his head, "Exactly."

"And what did they look like Jax?" I ask at that moment, "These aliens?"

Jax shrugs, "I don't know. The room was so bright. It was a blinding light. Most of the times we kept our eyes close because the light hurt to keep them open. We were restrained, and we never got to see them in the bright lights. That's how we know they had come the lights..."

I couldn't believe Jax was feeding us this shit.

Greg has his hand on his chest, "I knew this would happen."

"How the fuck did you know this would happen?" I ask Greg.

"For a smart guy you're acting real dumb. We are in a different part of space. Do you know how expansive space is? There has to be aliens."

"And what are the chances we go through a random wormhole to a universe where they exist?"

"They DO exist," Jax argues with me at that moment as though I'm irritating him, "We were given food and drink. Then we were studied. It was like they wanted something we may have had. They thought we had it and they wanted it."

"What---so these aliens were the ones who opened the wormhole?" I asked.

"No. No they didn't."

"How do you know?" I ask.

"They seemed surprised we were there."

"They told you that?"

Jax hesitates for a moment, "Not exactly. They didn't speak English. I didn't understand their communication."