5

"Wait let me get this right. The most popular girl on this space station and probably one of the most popular teenagers in the United States wants you to become her boyfriend? Is that what you're trying to tell me right now?"

I'm talking to Dre. I'm so stressed out. Dre is in my dorm right now. He's laying on my bed cuddled up with me. I hate the fact that we are right back to doing this but I need him right now. Jae Jae isn't anyway where around and even if he was I am not comfortable talking to him about this. No one knows I'm gay. No one in the world except for Dre and now Bambi.

"That's what she says."

"You don't even look the part..."

"Thanks for your vote of confidence."

I roll my eyes. This isn't helping my self esteem. I've never been the most handsome guy in the school. I never really cared about my looks. I was basic Mario. I've always been basic Mario and nothing about me really stood out. There was nothing at all.

Dre must realize he hit a nerve because all of a sudden he pulls me close on the bed at that moment, "Don't get me wrong. You've always been beautiful...to me. Inside and out."

"You mean that?"

I look over at Dre.

"C'mon. Don't make me start with all the gay stuff," Dre gets embarrassed, "What I'm trying to say is you are handsome in your own way. These people though...they are like human dolls. Look at Jax and Greg. It's like some gay teenager designed them in a laboratory somewhere. They are trying to be these prototypes of perfection. That isn't reasonable."

"So you don't think I should do it?"

"Now I didn't say that. I don't think you have a choice. I don't think either of us have a choice."

I lean off the bed at that moment. I care about Dre. I've always cared about him. Right now it's just hard though. Here was a boy who had always been there but always felt like I had to hide who I was. I thought about how my mother would respond if I told her I was gay. It may not have been that bad. Dre kept scaring me all the time with these nightmares of gay people that came out of the closet and ended up committing suicide because everyone hated them. What if that wasn't the case for everyone though? What if some parents were ok with it?

"I don't trust that girl."

"Listen just play the role," Dre explains, "If you do...we can probably spend more time together and no one will suspect anything being that you have a girlfriend."

"You think?"

"Yeah of course I think that. Matter of fact. I was thinking what if I got back with Daniella."

Immediately I can feel my heart racing. I'm beyond pissed at that moment. Dre was talking about Daniella. Back in the day Daniella was a pain in my ass. She was this annoying ugly chick who Dre always went around with. Dre was way above that but he always felt like Daniella was just easy. He felt like Daniella could be his beard.

"You're fucking joking man," I respond to him.

I jump off the bed. I'm HOT right now. He supposedly snuck on this space station to be with me and now he was talking about Daniella? Really?

It's making me wonder if he's been telling me the truth. What if all of it was a lie? What if he really always intended to just steal the ticket for himself?

"You'll have Bambi. I'll have Daniella. No one will suspect us being together. That works out perfect."

"No. It's not perfect. Bambi and I have an agreement. Daniella is in LOVE with you Dre. What the fuck!"