10

Here I am thinking about this boy that I've been friends with since I was a kid and he might die. I'm in the waiting room. My heart is racing. It's been almost 30 minutes and we haven't heard anything from the medical professionals on the ship. Supposedly the space station's physician is one of the best but I just can't help thinking the worst. We are in space. What if Dre needs something that he can't get?

Bambi is standing with Chyna in the waiting room. Greg is on a bench with Jax leaning against a vending machine. Jae Jae and Kaysha are next to me. They are comforting me. It's nice that everyone showed up. I'm not sure if they are showing up to support Dre...someone they barely talk to or if they are showing up to support me. Honestly I have to admit I would have thought the members of the Dollhouse would be too selfish to be here, but they've been waiting just like I am.

Even with the show of support it is so quiet. No one knows if Dre is going to make it out of the surgery room alive. No one knows if he is going to make it after his encounter with Jax.

And what's awkward is that no one talks about it. That is until Dre's girlfriend Daniella walks into the waiting room. She is crying.

"Where is he? Can I see him? Where is he?"

I don't know who told her about Dre's situation. I don't care. Honestly right now Daniella is the last person I want to see.

Jae Jae and Kaysha give me a look. If it weren't for them I don't know where I would be right now. They've been by my side helping me through all of this. Daniella being here is more of an annoyance than anything.

I ignore her. Kaysha doesn't. Kaysha crosses her arms and smiles at Daniella.

"He was a little drunk. He got into a fight with someone. He's in surgery right now."

Jax is across the room. He hasn't said a word. He looks like he's in a deep thought. He's just staring at the floor of the waiting room. He's nervous. He has a reason to be. He slammed Dre hard. Dre was bleeding crazy. The medics took forever to come get Dre. What if he lost too much blood? He wasn't breathing. What if Dre was going to die?

I feel bad for him but I can't comfort him right now because honestly I feel worse for Dre. That is my main concern right about now.

"Is he going to make it?" Daniella asks.

"They are doing what they can..." Jae Jae responds to her, "We are in space."

"I don't understand how this happens," Daniella says looking at me, "Mario---you know Dre. He's not a violent person. That just sounds unlike him..."

"Did you miss the part about him being under the influence?" I ask her.

I'm sharp with my words. I don't care at that moment.

Daniella rolls her eyes, "Dre doesn't drink."

"That shows how much you really knew Dre," I tell Daniella at that moment, "He does drink from time to time when he was is really stressed. And when he does drink...he drinks heavy."

"Mario, c'mon," Kaysha warns me.

She's right. I take a few deep breaths. Daniella's face when I replied is priceless. I have to admit I kind of enjoy it at that moment.

"I think we'd all like to know what the fuck that boy was going off about," Bambi states.

Kaysha looks at me. I look at Kaysha. I look at Jax. Jax looks at me. The three of us knows what happened in that room. I don't know how much they are going to tell. Jax must have heard what Dre was saying. Dre was jealous about Jax and me. Someone led him to believe that we were having sex with one another. I don't know who at this moment.