16

"There has to be some sort of explanation for it," Jae Jae is saying.

We are back in our dorms after the initial excitement of Jax and the others returning had subsided. Captain LaPerla took the students away without anyone being able to talk to them. I had no doubt the Captain wanted to let talk to them on her own. It was the new Captain LaPerla. Since the riots, she's been extremely secretive. A part of me didn't blame her for a while. I mean her sharing with the rest of the ship is what caused the riots in the first place. So she started keeping things within the staff.

However, the secrets were getting out of hand and the fact that she wouldn't even let us say hi to our friends who we haven't seen in a year blows my mind.

"Jax is a very...attractive guy," I respond.

Jae Jae is tripping. I'm looking down on the ground. I'm defeated. It's so crazy when you sit there and really think what just happened. Jax and Kaysha? Seriously!

"Kaysha wouldn't..."

"Bullshit, Kaysha always thought Jax was handsome. The two of them were always friendly towards one another," I respond.

"Jax wouldn't...then. I mean that dude loved you," Jae Jae stated.

"What?"

Jae Jae shakes his head, "Jax would come up to me. He would talk to me about you. He was in love with you man. Even after, you played him to the left. He didn't care. He was still in love with you..."

I couldn't keep hearing it. My heart was racing. I was breaking down. I had basically run away from my friends when I saw Jax and Kaysha holding hands. Jae Jae pursued me back to the rooms. It was clear that he was just as upset about this as I was. This was the worst case scenario.

"They are together," I cut Jae Jae off.

"We don't know that," Jae Jae states, "They were holding hands. That's all. That could mean anything. That could mean he was just looking out for her as a friend..."

Jae Jae was pacing around the room. We were dealing with this in completely different ways. Jae Jae was frantically looking for excuses to prove that he was wrong. I was out of excuses. I was out of hope. I was completely defeated.

"You know better than that," I respond, "They are together. I should have known. Jax and I are star-crossed. We aren't meant to be together..."

My heart is drained from thinking about it.

A part of me just wants to roll under these comforters and cry. I don't though. I'm just staring at the ground thinking and wondering.

For a moment, I thought everything in the world was right again. Jax was alive. He would be back here. He would be back in my arms. That wasn't the case though. Jax wasn't back in my arms, and Kaysha wasn't back in Jae Jae's arms.

We sit there for an hour with Jae Jae pacing back and forth. The more he talks the more he is coming to the realization that Jax and Kaysha are together. I can tell when he starts to get emotional that things are breaking for him. I want to be there for him. Jae Jae and I are close. He's literally my best friend in the universe.

"You guys should come up to my room," a knock came on the door.

It's Greg. I'm actually surprised to see Greg. He and I weren't enemies but we also weren't best of friends. Jae Jae didn't like him because of how Greg used Chyna's body back in the day for his own personal gains. Greg and I always had this unspoken tension because I knew about him and Jax. Regardless of the tension, we were still somewhat social. The fact that he is at my door right now however blows my mind.