-Chapter 15-

Tempest

"Alec..." I murmur with disbelief, staring at my little brother in shock...his complexion paler than the last time I saw him, and his blue eyes have turned black...

What happened to him?

"So you do remember me...I'm touched..." His voice has a dark edge to it, and that smile is not the one I remember...it's filled with twisted self satisfaction instead of humor...

"Where have you been Alec? We've been worried sick. And how did you know to find me here?" I ask the last part with narrowed eyes, not liking the energy I feel coming from him.

"A little birdie told me you'd be here...so here I am..." He answers, and I suddenly hear the the sound of running feet coming up behind me.

"Alec!!! Baby!" My mom calls out, and as she tries to get closer to Alec my father stops her, his eyes wide and nostrils flaring with disgust...and it makes me even more suspicious as Butch edges closer to me, a low growl rumbling from his chest.

"Sorry Alpha, Butch...we tried to keep them away..." Elliot begins...and I notice the presence of Chase, Dustin, and Haley as well before turning back to Alec.

"Hello mother...father...tell me is this how you usually treat family members? Surrounding them with angry wolves and keeping your distance?" He asks, feigning offense with an equally fake smile.

"Andrei, let me go, I want to see my baby!" Mom argues, and at that precise moment, the wind shifts direction and hits my face...carrying a foul stench that makes my eyes water and my nose burn.

No...

"Don't let her go dad..." I tell him, and mom turns to me in surprise.

"What do you mean Tempest?! He's your brother!" She exclaims.

"That thing may look like Alec, but my brother isn't in control anymore." I reply with a hard voice, glaring at the thing wearing my brothers body like a suit. His eyes go from black to a bloody crimson, his dark smile exposing descended fangs that make him look like an animal.

"I should've known that you were too smart to be fooled by my act...unlike your naive little brother." He taunts, and I let out an angry sound and step towards him, Butch grabbing my wrist to keep me from getting closer.

"What do you want with my brother?" I growl out, but the creature only smiles wider.

"Outside of being my temporary vessel, your pathetic brother has no other use to me..." He pauses as I step forward again, and this time I can feel my mate wrap his arms around my waist, "However...he does have one last benefit for me..."

"And what is that?" I ask with gritted teeth.

"You." He answers, and a chorus of growls ring out through the trees, none of the wolves in earshot taking kindly to a threat against their future Luna...especially not Butch, I can feel his body shaking as he fights the urge to shift.

"I would call your dogs off if I were you sis...you wouldn't want them to hurt your brother now...would you? I can survive without his body...but he can't." He smirks, tapping his head as he mentions my brother, and I sigh in frustration.

~Don't attack him...please, if my brothers body is destroyed he'll die...and that thing controlling him will just find another host to take over.~ I ask through the mind link, and I can feel Butch reluctantly calm down a bit and pass along my message.

"You really are mated to the brat of that Alpha mutt...they listened to you without a second thought." He chuckles, and I squeeze the hand of my growling mate as he tries to ignore the disrespect he was just given.