-Chapter 12-

Sorry I've been gone so long, had a bit of a slump. Here's the new chapter, hope you enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a couple of days since that hilarious morning, and I've had even more fun teasing Butch afterwards. He still lets me call him Teddy Bear without complaint, but I haven't called him that in front of anyone else...not yet anyway...I decided to save it for a special occasion, like when decides to tease too much, or something like that...a time when it will be really funny.

But right now, I'm actually cooking dinner at my place, a whole lot of dinner considering I have Butch and some of his pack members over, as well as his parents, his brother and his grandmother Yasmin...which I've happily come to find out that she was really close to my great aunt. She's been telling me stories about the mischief they got into 'back in the day', and about how they met...it's been really nice hearing about what my aunt was like when she was younger...considering those stories were before my time and apparently too adult for a kid to hear.

Anyway, for dinner I'm making two pots of fettuccine alfredo, one shrimp and one chicken. The shrimp one is already done and staying warm on the stove while the chicken is almost finished, the sauce only needs a couple more minutes on the low setting until the fettuccine is cooked all the way through.

Looking down to check the cheesy garlic bread in the oven, I catch a movement in my peripheral vision that makes me grin in amusement.

"Oh no you don't!"

I exclaim as I smack Elliot's hand with my wooden spoon, preventing him from sneaking a spoonful of alfredo sauce from the pot I'm cooking, the metal spoon he was holding clattering to the floor loudly as he drops it and holds his injured hand. Butch laughs at his Beta, leaning against the counter beside me.

"Hey! That hurt, why'd you hit me?!" Elliot whines, pouting pitifully.

"I didn't hit you that hard, and keep your hands out of my pot."

I turn back to my work at the stove, and I feel Butch circle his arms around my waist, slightly chuckling as he skims his nose behind my ear.

"I just wanted to taste...it smells so good and I'm starving."

Elliot whines again, and I roll my eyes at him.

"You're just going to have to deal with it, because dinner is not ready yet."

"Meanie..." he huffs, and Butch chuckles.

"What are you, five?" I scoff, and he grumbles to himself.

"Can I try some babydoll?" Butch murmurs in my ear, his warm breath making me shiver.

"I don't know..." I tease.

"Please?" I can almost see the puppy eyes he's making.

I sigh, faking resignation."Sure."

I pull a clean spoon from the drawer and scoop some of the sauce into it, making sure to get some chicken as well before handing it to Butch. He takes it from me carefully, and I can feel a pair of eyes boring holes into my back.

"It's delicious...as I expected."

He compliments, and I can hear the huff of his Beta behind us.