-Chapter 5-

Above^^^^Butch's wolf, Jackson. 😎
Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Butch

It's been three weeks since that showdown between my mate and Casey, and I have to admit that was the most badass thing I've ever seen.

I was worried when Tempest stood her ground against Casey. I know she sasses me, but I would never harm her, Casey on the other hand is a full grown she-wolf that could rip her in half if she wanted. And after she found out Tempest is my mate, she definitely wanted to.

I wasn't planning on telling her, but it was the only thing I could think to say that would make her get off of me. I was ready to throw her ass out when she started insulting my mate, but Tempest beat me to it, and was damn good at it. Staring her down and throwing back insults instead of backing down, two things most humans have been unable to do when she attacked.

I half ordered Casey out the door, seeing that she was about to shift from rage, and she had complied...until she heard Tempest insult her under her breath, then it went right back to a stare down.

I could tell my mate held some deep-seeded anger for Casey, much more than just a one day hatred, and it reflected in the words she yelled that made Casey run off without a fight...or having to be ordered.

"You act so entitled, like you're high class royalty that's too good for anyone else. But I got a news flash for you bitch: if your throne is made from all the people you've stepped on and made feel inferior, then you are not a Queen!"

Me and every person at the table was shocked, especially when Casey walked out without another word. But more than anything, I was proud, and still am. Jackson is proud as well, saying that she will be a perfect Luna, and I couldn't agree more.

As well as my parents. Mom had shown Dad the video from our first meeting, but when Haley showed them the secret video of the stare down they looked almost as proud as me. It also made Dad want to meet her even more, and I told them that because she's human I'd have to take it slow with her...but because she works at Maria's, we could go down there and eat whenever she's on duty. Which is what I've been doing the last three weeks....

Dropping in at different times during her shift, sometimes with Elliot, sometimes with my family, but mostly alone. It's been amazing to spend so much time with her, and I can tell she's warming up to me.

I've been learning more about her too. Her hobbies, favorite foods, which I'm happy to find we both love chocolate; Books and movies, music, colors...goddess I could go on and on about it.

I've shared my favorites too, admitting purple as my favorite color, which had changed from green because it's the color of her hair. I loved the scarlet that flooded her cheeks when I admitted that, making her look even more gorgeous.

She laughed when I told her my full name is Butch Cassidy Green, amused at the fact I truly was named after the American train robber. She then told me her middle name is Zebel, short for Jezebel, who is associated with promiscuity. She explained her mother has a twisted sense of humor.

I asked about her Dad...and she explained that her mother became pregnant as a teenager, and her biological father wanted nothing to do with her mom afterwards...but her stepfather has been a part of her life since she was three years old...and her brother was born when she was four.

The brother however, is a touchy subject. She hasn't seen him since he ran away two years ago...and that's all she told me. She had this look in her eyes that told me it hurt to talk about it...so I'll wait until she's ready to tell me.