-Chapter 14-

Butch

I have to be honest...cleaning up is never as fun as making the mess, especially when the person you had fun making it with doesn't stay to help with the aftermath...

Still, I had quite a bit of fun having that food fight with my mate...seeing her covered in cake batter and icing was both hilarious and a total turn on...much to my discomfort considering she teased me and ran, leaving me to deal with that problem by myself after I finished cleaning the kitchen...I'm so getting her back for that, she's gotten away with her teasing for the last time...and I am so going to enjoy getting even for all the times she intentionally got me hot and bothered.

Anyway...now that I'm free from cake ingredients from my cold shower and dressed for dinner, I decide to wait in the living room for my devious mate to return from the airport. Tempest will be here with her family in about ten minutes...and my nerves are acting up again.

~Relax Teddy Bear, everything will be fine.~ Tempest murmurs through our mind link, already figuring out how to communicate through it like a pro.

~Thanks babydoll, are you here yet?~ I reply.

~Just pulled in. You worry too much.~ She chuckles.

I nod to mom and dad as I exit the front door, and the sight of Tempests truck pulling in with the cab full of people is the first thing I see.

Here goes nothing.

Tempest gets out first, and my eyes widen at the sight of her wearing a gorgeous dark green dress that compliments her honey colored skin, the halter top showing both her shoulders and my mark as the asymmetrical skirt shows off her beautiful legs...

~Like something you see Teddy bear?~ Tempest asks teasingly, and a growl slips through the link as I realize that she's playing with me again...and so easily...

~You might want to remember that my family is here baby...so try to contain your excitement...~ I can practically hear that triumphant little smirk in her tone, and I suppress let another lowly growl.

She'll find out soon enough that she's not the only one who can tease.

The passenger side door then opens to reveal a youthful, brunette haired woman with familiar baby blue eyes, and I can tell right away that she's Tempests mother.

"Mom, this is Butch. Butch, this is my mom Dessa." My mate introduces, and her mom smiles before pulling me into a tight hug that actually hurts a bit despite her small stature.

"So you're the handsome boy who's mated to my daughter! It's lovely to meet you!" She exclaims, and I can already tell where Tempest got her high energy level from.

Next to come out is a tall man with shoulder length dirty blond hair pulled back in short ponytail, a shadow of a beard covers his jaw, and his pale green eyes seem to size me up...I follow my wolfs instinct to respond like any Alpha would to a challenge, straightening my shoulders as he stares at me.

"Quit posturing you two and just say hello." Tempest scolds lightly, playfully smacking my chest as she gives her father the same look Dessa is giving him.

"It's nice to meet you Mr...."

He shakes my hand after I hold it out.