Part 24

Hi guys... Finally the exams are over... I just wish that the results are better than last time...

Arnav walked into the house to see his sister bringing breakfast to the dining table, with a scowl etched on her face. Khushi was sitting in her regular seat and having her toast and juice.
"Di, there is not enough salt in this!"
He heard NK exclaim dramatically.
Arnav: "Good morning everyone."
All turned to see Arnav and wished him back. Anjali expected him to enquire about why she was serving, but he didn't.
Arnav: "Come to our room, when you are finished, Akki"
And he started walking upstairs.
Anjali: "I'll come help you, Chote"
Arnav: "No Di! I mean.... It's ok. You have your breakfast. She'll come..."
Anjali: "I said I'll help you. Anyway I haven't started eating."
Khushi stood up dropping the napkin onto her plate after wiping her hand.
Khushi: "Anjali, he clearly asked for me. You should know that there are some things you can't help him with."
Anjali: "I have been taking care of him even when you were not in his life"
She growled not getting the innuendo.
Khushi: "Really?!" She faked a shocked gasp. "But I thought that it was the other way around. Arnav... " She turned to him. "...I thought, it was you who started to work and even take care of your cry baby sister, even after being the younger one of the two. You are the one who had to grow up at the age of 14, while your sister, till now, whines as if she is a child. She is the eldest one among the whole of us right? She should have been the one working and providing for you, that time."
Anjali: "Why should I work, when all these is mine..."
Khushi: "Yours? How is all these yours? Let me guess, you worked hard to make all these? You provided financial support to start the business? Arnav, Akash and his father worked hard on AR, Mami sold her jewellery to support them. Nani took care of all of you. So each one of them have a right to these riches. But what about you? Why should he give you even a penny, let alone all these riches?"
Anjali: "Because he is supposed to! I'm his sister, Anjali! Anjali Singh Raizada! It is his duty to look after me."
Arnav: "Am I your slave, Di?"
Others gasped hearing him, while Anjali was all into herself to even know what was happening around her.
Anjali: "it's his duty to look after me and me alone."
Khushi: "Arnav.... Block all her cards and freeze her accounts." She turned to everyone "the Prakash brothers are returning to their village again for a while. Anjali will do all the works from now on. Let her earn atleast a part of the money she spent carelessly."
Nani: "But Biti... Akitha..."
Anjali: "Who the hell do you think you are to order me around? This is my house... I'll throw you out of the house."
Akitha: "Oh, really?! And do you think that my husband will allow you to do that?"
Anjali: "Yes he will. He couldn't do anything when I threw Khushi out of this house and he wouldn't be able to do anything now!"
Mami: "You... threw Khushi out of the house?"
She was shocked. She had cursed Khushi all these years for leaving her Arnav bitwa. She had seen how broken Arnav was and she hated Khushi for doing that to him. It came as a shock for her that her hatred was misdirected.
Anjali: "That bitch! What did she think of herself?"
Sheethal saw Shyam and Arnav clench their fist.
Sheethal: "What did she ever do to you?"
Anjali: "What did she do? You are asking me what she did?! How dare she... How dare she make Chote fall in love with her? She trapped him in such a way that he went against me..ME! He threw my husband out of the house even when I asked him not to. He disobeyed me. How dare you do that, Chote? How dare you give someone else more importance than me?"
Arnav have a dry chuckle.
Arnav: "More importance than you? You were the most important person in my life, Di. I always sacrificed my happiness for you. I tortured an innocent soul for you. I turned a blind eye to my feelings. I hurt the girl I feel in love with."
Anjali: "You were not supposed to fall in love... with anyone. First it was that Diya. I made sure that you didn't even know about her feelings. I broke her so much... So much so that she wouldn't even come infront of you after that. Heard that she committed suicide... Good for her."
Devayani felt her whole body weakening. Thai was not the girl she brought up. She was not so vile or was she? Lavanya supported her and made her sit on the couch. Sheethal clutched Shyam's hand tightly.
Anjali: "Then that Khushi... That bitch!"
Arnav: "Di!!! Mind your language!"
Anjali: "See... See what she had done to you... You have started raising your on ME because of her!"
Arnav: "Because of her? BECAUSE OF HER?! Don't you realise that it is because of your behaviour?"
Khushi cut him in between. Anjali was in a spree to confess and she was not going to waste it. She never expected the day to turn out like this. This was not her plan, but whatever happening was good for her.
Khushi: "But don't you think that it was stupid of you to let Arnav may her? You could have stopped him. He himself might have sent her away for you."
Anjali: "I'm not stupid! I was just shocked at that time. When I staged the terrace scene, I was sure that Arnav will believe that she was having an affair with Shyam. With our history, I was sure that he wouldn't want me to know and follow Mumma's path. I was so right! But what I didn't expect was for him to offer a contract marriage. By the time I was out of the shock, both already left the place."
Khushi: "And that was your biggest failure!"
Anjali: "No, it was not! You don't know how much she suffered." Anjali chuckled. "Even her  family disowned her. But that girl. She was changing everyone. I had to throw her out and that too without anyone knowing. I got Chote kidnapped. No one else was supposed to know. She came to know about it before I could do anything. And he came back and threw Shyam out. I acted as if distressed. Acting pregnant on top of all that was becoming difficult. And I pulled the stunt of abortion." Those who didn't know were shocked. "I was planning to bring Shyam back, by that act. But Arnav went ahead and blamed Khushi. It was easier to manipulate her after that. I knew that she loved Chote. So few threats and she left the house without informing anyone. Chote thought that she left because of him. No one even doubted me."
Khushi: "I repeat myself, Anjali. Letting that marriage happen was the biggest mistake of your life. You underestimated Arnav's love for Khushi. You should have thought why he proposed marriage, even when he could have easily done something else."
Anajli: "So what? She is out of his life, right?"
Khushi: "Is she?" See smirked at that, while Arnav moved closer and wrapped an arm around her waist.
Anjali looked at her confused.
Shyam: "You know what your problem is, Anjali? You think so highly of yourself that you underestimate others. You never cared about others and never knew what's happening around you. You hurt so many people and never realised that you were getting surrounded by them. You broke Diya right? But you didn't try to know whether there is someone who might want to avenge her. If she has a brother, who would do anything for her."
He came upto stand beside Arnav.
Sheethal: "You knew that Arnav and I were in a relationship in college. You should have guessed that I knew Diya too. She was not just my SIL but my bestest friend too. She was my soul sister. And you..."
Anjali: "SIL?"
Syam wrapped  an arm around her and said, sort of introducing her : "Mrs.Sheethal Shyam Jha"
Anjali: "What?! How dare you Shyam? How dare you marry someone else?"
Shyam: "Someone else? I was always married to Sheethal, even before you even set your eyes on me. And you should be the last person to say that... Sleeping around with men, half your age. What did you think? I didn't know?"
Khushi: "Bhai... Relax... You are an utter failure Anjali... You may have been able to waste 5yrs of our life, but we have our entire life in front of us. You think Khushi is out off his life? Then look again... You should have known that your brother won't marry someone just because she looks like his Khushi." She could hear gasps. "My mother used to say that I was the Khushi in their life. Mrs. Gupta never knew that I had one more name. And... There was never a contract marriage. He told me that it was one but had got our marriage registered. You failed Anjali..."
Anjali: "No, I won't! I will kill you!" She went towards Khushi raging. But Khushi pushed her back.
Khushi: "Just the way you killed Payal's previous baby? Why did you kill that innocent soul?"
Anjali: "Because that thing was taking everyone's attention, even before coming into the world. They were neglecting me and pampering her because of that thing." Akash clutched the chair to prevent himself from collapsing to the ground, while Payal just stood there with a blank face.
"I tried to kill this thing too(pointing towards Payal's belly) but looks like it's lucky. It's ok I'll get a chance..." Her words were stopped midway as she received a tight slap from Mami. She looked at Mami wide eyed. Then slowly at everyone glaring at her. Slowly realisation dawned. "Chote.. Chote..  it's not what you think... I didn't... You believe your Di, right Chote.." she asked softly, tears flowing from her eyes..
Akash: "Enough Di... Anjali! Enough of your dramatics... I will make sure that you are behind the bars.. for all that you have done.."
Anjali: "What are you saying, Akash... How can you..." She changed her tone after seeing his determined face. "How can you sent me to jail, when you have no evidence to prove that I have done any of these."
NK: "Syam Bhai.. a video with her confessing would be enough, won't it? Actually I started shooting her fight with Akki because I felt it was entertaining.. didn't think that it will become useful..."
Shyam: "That would be more than enough, NK..."
She panicked hearing them.
Anjali: "Chote... Chote.. you can't sent your Di to jail... Remember the promise you gave Mumma... You are supposed to take care of me..."
Nani: "His Mumma asked him to take care of his sister, her daughter... But you are neither..  you just... your father's daughter... No... He was nothing in front of you!!! Chote, call the police!"
Anjali: "What? You can't.. you can't do that..."
Nani turned her face to the other side, not wanting to see her anymore...

************************************

The police took Anjali away...
Arnav was depressed. Even though he already knew that his sister did all that, hearing everything from her own mouth, that too the way she was saying it, with pride, was not easy..
Khushi had to work hard to bring him back. The little bundle of joy.. payash's daughter, born a month after the whole fiasco was able to brighten up everyone's mood. Shyam left for his home, along with Sheethal promising to visit often.

Khushi's Dadu invited the entire Raizada clan along with Guptas for Neil's wedding.
Garima was shocked to see her sister's father in law in front of her and that too in that huge mansion. Khushi smirked seeing her expression. She went towards Garima.
Khushi: "What happened... Masiji? Shocked.. that your sister got everything that you wished for? Or worried that your daughter will have to pay for everything that you have done to me?" Garima looked at her wide eyed. "How will you tell everyone that I'm Khushi.. and even if you did, how will you prove that I can harm Payal... without disclosing your deeds?" She again smirked. Khushi had asked the Raizadas to never call her Khushi and so Garima never knew. Khushi would never harm Payal, but Garima didn't know that, did she? The constant fear that her daughter might be harmed was enough punishment for her.

Nani expressed her wish to see Arshi getting married in front of her eyes. Even her family supported Nani. So they got married along with Sam-Neil.

************************************

She clawed his shoulders as he bit down on her neck, making him groan.
They were away at his farmhouse, spending the weekend there.
"Happy Anniversary, baby" He whispered against her ear while she was still struggling to come down from her high.
"Hap..ppy Ann..iversary" She struggled to reply.

He was in the kitchen making their breakfast, while she was standing in front of the mirror, wondering how to break the news. The news was his birthday gift. She carresed her belly looking at the mirror and smiling to herself. She bit her lips as she kept a pillow under her shirt and looked at herself in the mirror. "Khushi?" She stilled hearing the faint whisper. She looked at him through the mirror before lowering her eyes, her cheeks turning red. He kept the tray down before slowing walking towards her, without taking his eyes off her reflection. He took the pillow and kept it aside before keeping his hand where it was. He looked at her eyes thought the mirror questioningly. The blush turned darker as she turned around to hide her face into his chest. "Really?" He felt her nod against his chest, along with her lips stretching into a smile. He moved back, cupping her face. He kissed her forehead and looked into her eyes before taking her lips in a sweet kiss.

And they lived happily ever after.

I had never thought that this chapter will go like this... This was never planned.. i didn't even think that the story will end like this. If i had known that this story would end in one episode I would have written this much earlier. This was an ongoing story for me too.. but suddenly it became a completed one. I'm really sorry if this didn't reach up to your expectations... Pls do comment....
Not proof ready... Sry for mistakes, not just typos...