Part 22

Hey guys.... The story is taking a turn... Something which I never intended to do... This just came to my mind... Hope you can bear with me....

Khushi ​was at the dining table having her toast and juice. Soon the others joined her.
Anjali: "HP... HP... Bring the breakfast... HP"
Khushi: "Stop shouting... He is not here. The Prakash brothers had some emergency in their village. They asked me whether they could go and I said yes..."
Anjali: "what? Who do you think, you are to permit them?"
Khushi: "you already forgot? I'm your bhabhi, Anjali..."
She clenched her jaw.
Anjali: "Akash, where is Payal? Ask her to come and make the breakfast, fast."
Khushi chuckled at that.
Khushi: "Wah... No HP, so directly searching for Payal... I didn't know that she was the servants' substitute... Or is she a servant here?"
Akash: "My wife is not a servant."
He said in a no nonsense tone. The others looked at him to find him looking at no particular person. Anjali wondered at whom the reply was directed at.
Khushi just shrugged her shoulders.
Mami: "Payal bitiya is not here. She went to Buaji's house. She is staying there for a few days."
Anjali: "What? Staying for a few days? Then who will cook food for us? Ask her to come back today itself."
Khushi smirked at the statement.
Akash was shocked. Until this day, he had never noticed how his wife was treated in this house. Was she really considered just as a servant? He was feeling ashamed of himself. Wasn't his a love marriage? Hadn't he promised to take care of her? But he have failed. He didn't even know anything about her. Was he that selfish?
Akash: "She is staying there for some days. She is pregnant and someone should be there to take care of her. This house is prone to accidents." Anjali stiffened at that. "And even the Prakash brothers are not here..."
Anajli: "But what about our meals?"
Khushi: "Why don't you cook? Anyway, you and your husband and living on the Raizadas'hard earned money..."
Anjali: "What do you mean by that? I too am a Raizada!"
Khushi: "Really? But I thought that you are a Jha?"
Anjali: "Ha? But..."
Khushi: "I don't want to comment on you staying here after marriage. But since the day I came here, I have not seen you or your husband spending a penny for the house. Neither have I seen you doing a single work...."
Anjali: "why should I work? This is my house!"
Khushi: "No it is not! You are a married woman and you should rather be in your husband's house, for you to claim that. You are living in Payal's and my house."
Anjali: "How dare you?"
Nani: "Anjali bitiya, that's enough. Biti... Akitha... don't worry I will cook the food."
Khushi: "No you won't! Nothing will happen to your bitiya if she do some work. Either Anjali will cook or no one will!"
She stood up from the table, finishing her breakfast and started to go away.
Anjali: "how dare..."
Khushi turned to glare at her effectively shutting her up.
Mami: "Anjali bitiya... Just prepare something light. Even toast is ok. We don't mind staying hungry. But saasuma has to take her medicine."
Anjali looked at her shocked. How could she ask her to work? She was the princess of the house. But she had no other way out. Even Akash was not saying a word. She went to the kitchen fuming.
Khushi looked at them from upstairs. She was feeling bad, keeping them hungry. But she had to do it. For her Jiji's sake. It was high time Akash started supporting his wife.

Anjali: "how dare that girl?! We have to do something about her, Shyam..."
Shyam: "you are right Rani sahiba... But it is not that easy to harm her." He remembered the encounter with Khushi. "She is not Khushi!"

#####################################