Twenty Two

There is just something beautiful about a Sunday morning, the sun rises and shines different from the other days. There is a calm feeling that comes with the day and laziness that just envelopes a person. That very Sunday found Diamond and Orlando tangled in the sheets of the cheap hotel they couldn't wait to sleep in at night. It was not exactly cheap, just a small cute three star hotel. The bed was lovely and comfortable... covered in white sheets, it was just that. A bed, bedside tables, a bathroom and a small table next to the window with a flower vase holding yellow sunflowers in it to give the room some sort of life; and that was that about the room.

Even though the hotel did not impress them at all, it didn't bother them as long as they had each other, all was well.

Diamond didn't want to move a single muscle, being tired contributed to that decision but she didn't want to miss the warmth that came with being wrapped in the large man's arms. His arms knew the gym weights and she was not complaining, for some odd reason she found them comforting and welcoming.

A hand went through her hair and a sigh left her lips. "Good morning." Orlando kissed her neck causing her to shrink back into him as she found that to be ticklish.

"Stop." She tried to sound stern but you wouldn't miss the smile in her voice. Something about being with Orlando felt right and just. She wouldn't trade any moments spent with him for anything.

"Barry..." his morning voice could wake up the dead well only if you were interested in male species... it was that sexy and alluring. It caused moisture down in her southern regions. "I could get used to this." He confessed. He wouldn't dare tell her how he really felt, but he needed her to know that what they had was special to him and he didn't want to lose it.

Sitting up on the bed, she dared looked into his beautiful eyes and saw the warm emotions dancing in his eyes. She held her breath as he looked into her eyes.

"I was so angry when my father told me you chose the money over being my friend, over being my assistant." Over me. He wanted to say but couldn't find the guts to do just that.

"I didn't... I would never." Diamond needed him to believe her. She wanted and needed him to know that their friendship meant a lot to her. Hell she even agreed to be his pretend girlfriend, their friendship couldn't get better than that. It was solid.

"I now know. My father doesn't want me to love anyone at all. Doesn't want me to care about anyone but me and the family businesses." Orlando informed her and it made sense as to why the old man would lie to him, but it didn't make any sense as to why. Why wouldn't he want his son to find love, to be selfless and care about others than money.

"Why?" In her raspy morning voice, she asked.

"Because of what happened to mom." He sighed, also sitting upright, resting against the headboard. He avoided her penetrating eyes as he spoke about the real reason his father was such an asshole.

"My mother was the love of his life. College sweetheart met freshman year and never looked back." A smile managed to find its was on the man's face and Diamond smiled with him. Seeing him smile caused her to smile too. "I loved hearing this story you know, my mother used to tell me every time and I told her I wanted that too for myself." He said.

"Well... my dad was in love, head over heels kind of love. He did everything my mother wanted and needed; she never needed nor wanted for anything. Mother came from a broken family, she was often depressed and my father was there with her. Helped her study, helped her with finances, they both worked in a restaurant and he gave her all of his wages." Orlando told the story and Diamond was surprised. A man who would do that for her? She'd sure keep him.