TWENTY

"Wait a minute, Daniel did what?" Janelle asked Diamond as she was replaying the events of Thursday afternoon. It was a Saturday now and the girls were catching up, well Janelle was checking up on her friend who was reeling from a broken heart and broken spirit only to be told that Daniel had done something and it did not surprise nor shock her. She did say that Daniel was a creep and was in love with Diamond.

Diamond was cuddled in bed; she has been feeling sick and very, very blue since her encounter with Mr York senior. She was cut up really bad and what made matters was that Orlando didn't even call her or check with her if whether she was fine. His father thought his son cared about her, but she was not seeing that care in any way.

She hasn't reported to work and he never called her to ask of her whereabouts, they were done.

And it hurt. It hurt her so bad. She thought they had a bond, that they had something strong going on, that they were friends and had each other's backs. How delusional she was.

But what has messed up her mind even more was when Daniel came to visit her on Thursday. And she retold the story to Janelle.

A knock resounded on Diamond's apartment door and she groaned, not feeling like visitors but her phone rang the same time as the knock and she saw it was Daniel, there was no use ignoring him; he has been sending text messages the whole week wishing to see her.

She wiped her hands as she was eating biscuits while reading a science fiction book, she enjoyed a variety of fictional novels, her usual were humour, chick lit and romance, one time she decided to spice things up and bought a science fiction book, it had a little to do with romance and more to do with science but it was a good read. It kept her mind off Orlando and his monster of a father.

"Hey... I've been trying to reach you all week, are you okay?" he asked, letting himself in her apartment.

Diamond sighed and closed the door behind her. "I am a little... under the weather. But I will be fine. I want to be alone." She told him and he wanted to hear nothing of it.

He made a fuss over her, asking what was really wrong and the more she refused to talk about it the more he pressed on the matter. He really looked concerned and Diamond shrugged and decided to tell him what had her under the weather and her hair messy like a bird's nest.

"My boss's father paid me to leave my job and leave his son alone because he thinks I want his son and his son also wants me. He doesn't want to have a nobody getting their claws on his son." She gave a tight mouth smile, her eyes showing nothing but sadness and that broke Daniel's heart. He preferred to see her with a smile on her beautiful face.

Diamond told him what really went down, even disclosing how they weren't in a relationship but only pretending to be in one. Daniel smiled at that, he was mad when he saw the article of them kissing. It made him so mad.

"You don't need them, you have me baby. Don't worry your pretty head, I won't hurt you." He told her, walking towards her. Diamond narrowed her eyes into slits, confused as to what he meant by that. They were just friends, that was an odd thing to say. She backed away but her back hit the door and she had nowhere else to go.

"I loved you the minute I saw you Diamond. Be mine, I won't hurt you, I will love you, I promise. You will be my princess and everything you want I will give you." He had a dazed look in his eyes, like he was miles away in thought.

"Daniel..." Diamond called out she had no idea what else to say, she was lost for words. What was happening??

Daniel pressed his body against hers, his two fingers on her lips hushing her up. She quickly clamped her mouth shut, eyes widened. He was a man possessed. "I will love you the way you should be loved princess. I will treasure you and our children." He took a whiff of her hair, inhaling deeply. "Strawberry shampoo, I hate strawberries but your hair smells divine. See I love how you take care of yourself. I want to take care of you too." He told her, he was no longer in the same world as she was and all alarms in her head went off.