TEN

A sweet kiss on her lips was what Orlando intended on doing, he wanted to have the feel of her sweet lips on his before he went crazy with thinking about it. Diamond has found a way to embed her in the man's mind and he wasn't coping well with it. He was used to having women throw themselves on him, whether he had a girlfriend or not, they all wanted a piece of him. Barry had a piece of him and he didn't want him anymore.

"Orlando... I won't slap you." She opened her eyes from momentarily closing them as he kissed her, a soft and sweet peck on her lips. She'd be lying if her heart did not skip a beat and her stomach flipped. That was what his presence did to her, that was what his touch did to her but she wouldn't succumb to the feeling, not by a while. She was going to get burned and she didn't want to jeopardise her work.

"But I won't let you kiss me... not again. We can't keep doing this." She couldn't believe the words were coming out of her mouth. She didn't mean any of it, well partly she did, but a huge part of her wanted to drag the man's large body to his bed and hop on to his...

"Barry, about yesterday... Annika is just my friend and that wasn't what it looked like. She kissed me and I was pushing her away." He confessed and she nodded, her eyes not looking at his. His gaze was warm and penetrating, she couldn't focus.

"It's okay. No need to explain, I mean you and i... that was a mistake and we have to move past by it and work together. So let's not okay...? Now please take me home." She asked him, ever so polite.

He nodded, his ego taking a slight punch. She was rejecting him and it stung like hell. Or it cut through something in his being and he couldn't really understand why. Was it because she's the woman who rocked his world upside-down only to reject him after? Was it maybe because he was doing the chasing instead of being the one chased? What was it with him wanting to bed his assistant this bad again?

The ride to her place was short because of two things, the sports car he was driving, and the speed he was driving in. his head was miles away but Diamond as much as loved talking to him, she welcomed the silent. She wasn't sure of what to say to him after he tried kissing her and she rejected him. Silent was just the best option at the moment.

"I am not sure I will be in the office tomorrow, but I'll let you know. Goodnight." If he was pissed, he didn't look like it. He was nonchalant and normal about everything. He even walked her to her apartment reception and watched her as she rode up in the elevator before turning and walking away.

She had to do it, for the both of them. They had the best working relationship and she couldn't afford to lose that over some stupid decision they both made. With him, she could afford the two bedroom apartment she lived in, with him she could afford to buy new clothes, with him she could dine out with friends, hell with him she bought her father a car that she's paying monthly for so she had to make it work. Not only for her sake, but for her parents' sake. They needed not to be worried by her, her mother's dressmaking business was doing good but not that exceptionally good, it was good enough to take care of them and their needs, not to be paying her rent and buying her groceries every month.

So she had to stuck this up, she had push the crazy thoughts of ever being with Orlando to the back of her mind, because even if she did allow him to have his way with her, when all of that is said and done, he will move on and it will hurt her and she wouldn't be able to continue working for him. It was a good decision she's made and she hoped and prayed that he will keep his hands and lips to himself and not try any underhanded shit with her again.

She lived on the sixth floor of the building and the lift stopped on the third floor picking somebody up. It was a man who was dressed in casual jeans and a t-shirt, combat boots resting on his feet. He looked good, he smelled good.

"Pardon my manners miss, but I just need to say what's on my mind." The man spoke to her after they passed their greetings.

"Yeah and what is that?" diamond asked, loving the sound of his voice, it was a little deep and she liked it. It was different, well nothing compared to Orlando but still this man's voice was up-top.

"You are gorgeous." He told her, his brown eyes looking down at her. She blushed and looked away.

"Thank you..." she smiled, her blue eyes sparkling.

"My name is Daniel by the way, you are..." he passed his hand for a handshake that came with her name.

"Diamond." She placed her hand in his, they shook hands.

"Diamond, rare I like the name." he smiled. "Listen, I'd like to see you again, what do you think? Someone as beautiful as you, I wouldn't get tired of seeing often if not daily." Daniel was such a charmer and the cheesiness dripping off him was cute, it made Diamond smile.

She looked at him, he was lean built, tall, brown cute eyes, short raven hair, strong jaw, nice hands, he was full of compliments, he made her feel somehow special and beautiful, he didn't beat around the bush about what he wanted from her, he was a straight talker, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to go out with him.

Perhaps he was she needs to flush her boss out of her system, I mean that's how people do these things right? Hop on to the next train when the other one seems to be coming with problems right? But was it what she does as well? Was she now becoming the part of the society she always condemned?

First she had a one night with none other than her boss, now she wants to go out on dates with a guy she met in an elevator just so she could forget about her boss? What was becoming of her? She always disapproved of one night stands, she believed a woman only had to sleep with a man she loved, a man she was in a relationship with and not just about anyone with legs and a penis. But she has crossed the line now and she was surprised and didn't understand that point in her life. Now Daniel was asking her out and was polite about it, but would he like her after she tells him her dating terms? No sex while going out on dates until they are officially in a relationship? Was she ready to begin dating since Marcus?

She looked up at Daniel and flashed a smile, a smile he found pretty. He waited for her response as she opened her mouth to speak...

Would she say yes to a date with Daniel? Find out on the next chapter.