26. "I said to not lie to me."

Start from the beginning

He shut his eyes for a while, most likely thinking. He later opened them and stared back at me. He squints his eyes, still thinking. How long does it take you to think?!

Once I realized he wasn't going to say anything any time soon, I spoke. "Did you check the texts you got from Brandon?"

I had to know. That was why I came on this dreadful date in the first place. Johnny licked the bottom of his lip, seeming uncomfortable that the word 'Brandon' came out of my mouth. 

"All the texts were deleted yesterday night. Sorry." Johnny sent over a half grin, while I didn't bother to grin back. We were past all of this 'manners' crap. I just want to get to the point.

"By him?" I question, looking at my white shoes. Johnny nodded, so I went on. "Why couldn't you just read the messages before he deleted them? He was your friend, after all. It just proves that you're a bad person."

Johnny gives me a glare. But closes his eyes again, taking in a deep breath. "I'll let that comment slide since you're at a bad state right now."

I squint my eyes, shaking my head. "You said it yourself, you can't stay mad at me, so you'd let it slide either way." I slumped into my chair, crossing my arms and making a pouty face, acting like a 5-year-old.

A few minutes passed by of us sitting there, in complete silence. Johnny looked up at me, smirking a little. "Do you like me again?" His smirk gets even bigger after he said those 5 words.

What did he just ask?!

My shoulders got all tensed up, and I could feel my cheeks turn red. I was blushing! I need to stop or else he'll be suspicious. Do not show any sign of weakness. I repeat, do not show any sign of weak-

"What?" I ask, gulping down my thoughts. But they didn't go away. Why would he just randomly bring that up?

"Do you like me?" He repeats, the usual smirk still on his face.

I close my eyes, facepalming. I open them again, turning my head towards Johnny. "N-No. No, I don't." I stuttered at the beginning but got more confident towards the end.

"You sure?" He giggles. He leans in closer, while I lean back, almost hitting the door. What is he doing?! Once I realize my head is going to hit the window, I stop leaning back.

He stops leaning in when he's a few inches away from me. He gets his hand, bringing it up to my face. I was watching his hand like a hawk, too scared to move.

He tucks some of my hair behind my ear, leaning in closer. He looks into my eyes, while I look into his. I couldn't pull away, he knows my weaknesses now. His hand was now off my face, and we were staring at each other. 

Before I knew it, he planted a kiss on my cheek. It was so soft and delicate, and- I need to stop. 

My whole face was red, and as usual, I was paralyzed.

Johnny Orlando just kissed me on the cheek-- for the second time!

He pulled away, going back to his normal position on the chair. All of the tension on my body was gone and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Johnny was smiling. I wasn't going to let him win. I wasn't. So I yelled out a bunch of crap. "Stop doing that! Like, you're not my boyfriend, and you're never going to be, so just stop!"

There was too much anger in my body. I got out my hand, to slap him. Before I could reach his face, he grabs my arm, with his hand, sending me a deadly glare. "Don't do that again." He spits, throwing my hand back at me.

I felt tears burn in my eyes, I attempted to push them away but they fell down. I needed him. I wanted him to comfort me like he did when I got out of the bathroom and he embraced me in a comforting hug. He always makes me feel better, even though he doesn't know it.

I looked over at Johnny, who was staring at the floor, unaware of my breakdown.

He gazed up from the floor, at me. His face fell once he saw my tears. "Oh no. Kenzie! I'm sorry for scaring you." He pulled me into a hug, which I gladly took.

I needed this. I needed him.

Johnny whispers into my ear, "you knew I could never stay mad at you." He chuckles.

I chuckle too. "Um, your hoodie is filled with tears."

He pulls out of the hug, peering down at his shirt. "Oh. It's fine." He glances up at me and wipes one of the last tears to escape my eyes, with his thumb. "We should get going before our game of laser-tag starts."

I nod my head and open the car door. I looked over at the building, scanning if I could see Annie or Hayden out of the windows.

I spotted them. They were watching us the whole time! Once they noticed me looking at them, they looked away and pretended to play with one of the arcade games.

Of course, Annie and Hayden tried to play matchmaker.

I giggled to myself, as Johnny began walking next to me. "Everything okay?" Johnny questioned,  wrapping his arms around my shoulder.

I threw him a smile, which got the message across well enough. I was okay. Although I did get a little uncomfortable when he put his arms around me, and he seemed to notice it. "We're on a date," he responded. "We should at least act like it."

I relaxed my body, as we walked into the building, laughing once I told him Annie and Hayden were still watching us.

It felt so good to be in Johnny's arms. Maybe we could do this more often...

Or not. Although, I'm certainly not complaining about this date anymore.

A/N: I rlly like the next chapter, it'll me out the day after tomorrow.

Vote and comment please! Bye :)

-1572 Words.