chapter fourty-five

Yall 😭 so I'm looking for a picture of Quincy, and my dumb ass typing Derrick, getting mad af cause nothing was coming up 😂 🤦🏾‍♀️

"Damn. Derrick slow down."

"Mmm." He moaned slurping up all the juices. This was the sweetest watermelon he had ever eaten. ( Y'all freaks thought 😭 )

"I promise you, it's not gone run away." Milah laughed as he devoured the fruit. She had sliced up her piece, so she was eating hers with a fork.

Finishing up, Derrick washed his hands and dried them before speaking up.

"Baby, I just want to apologize for my mother's behavior. No matter what she said to you, just know that in my eyes you're perfect." He kissed her.

"I just wish she liked me." She put her head down.

"Look on the bright side, pops loves you!" He grinned.

Milah smiled. She wouldn't mind hanging out with his father more. She was glad that he was easy going. It would have been a plus for his mom to be on the same boat, but it is what it is.

_______________________________

Being the top Lawyer in town, I also want nothing but the best for my son

Being the top Lawyer in town, I also want nothing but the best for my son. Milah just isn't that.

Of course, the girl is pretty, but, that's it.

Hearing she was studying Psychology was a huge no. That's the same shit Don was into, and look where he ended up.

Derrick is so smart, handsome, and has a lot going for himself, he needs someone to match that, not bring it down.

I rolled my eyes just thinking about it.

"Sharon, what's the matter with you?" Don asked me as he glanced at me from the kitchen.

None of your damn business. I thought to myself.

"Nothing honey." I put on a fake smile. This wasn't for me. Being married to a man who'd just been freed from prison, wasn't a good look on my name.

"We need to talk." He looked at me.

"What is it?"

"You. Your attitude sucks lately." His face turned up at me, how dare he look at me some kind of way when he's the one with the dirty record?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The way you treated Derrick's girlfriend was unacceptable. She was a sweet girl."

"She's not good enough." I put my nose in the air, not wanting to here more about this girl who was clearly beneath me.

"Who are you to decide how good people are? Let's not forget you weren't alway this lawyer." He stood up, before walking off.

"Says the man who probably was just butt raped." I said more so under my breath.

"What was that?" He turned around.

"Nothing, just leave me alone." I rolled my eyes.

___________________________________

Getting a call on the phone, Derrick answered it, before it woke Milah up.

"Son." His father's voice came through the line.

"What's up?"

"Your mom has lost it." He spoke

"What she do now?" He asked getting up out of the bed.

"She's not the same woman I married. Ever since she became the best lawyer, she started acting as if she's better than every one. Hell, she even looks down on me now."

"I'm sorry dad." Derrick spoke.

"I think it's time for a divorce." His father said.

"It's about time."