"Mentioned what?" he demanded, "What's going on with Rowan? Her Aunt Jesse didn't die, right?"  

"No!" they all yelled at once, causing them all to stare at each other again, and Sirius to roll his eyes exasperatedly. "Then what is it?"  

Alice sucked in a deep breath and closed her eyes extremely tight and clenched her fists to the extent of her knuckles turning white and said-so quietly and so fast that none of them could understand her-the entire story.  

A moment after she'd finished, Sirius said, "What?" He sounded generally confused and frustrated.

She prepared to speak again, but Lily put a hand up to Alice's mouth in order to shut her up, and then said, "Remus...?"  

Without waiting for him to say that he didn't want to tell or some other excuse that would get him out of it, she pulled Alice away and escaped.  

Sirius turned a gaze on Remus and said very slowly and clearly, "What. Happened."  

Remus took a really deep breath and said, "Rowan's cheating on you."  

Sirius stared at him like he was insane, and then burst into laughter.  

"What is so funny?" Remus demanded angrily. What could be so hilarious about finding out that your girlfriend was a two-timing, deceiving swindle?  

"That is just cruelty," Sirius laughed, "For a second there I almost believed you! Be serious, Moony, what's actually going on?"  

Remus just stared at him, trying to show just how serious he was. Soon, Sirius stopped laughing as realization dawned on his expression.  

"You mean it?"  

"Yah."  

"This isn't some cruel joke?"  

"No."  

"Aw, man..."  

He slumped down onto the couch, staring off into the fire. "Well, that truly is something. I can honestly say that is something I really didn't expect to ever happen."  

Suddenly he jumped up, his eyes filled with such fury that Remus was afraid of what he was going to say.  

"Who's the genius that stole my girlfriend?" he demanded, his voice shaking with rage. "Who?"  

"Um..."  

He only remembered one name.  

"Well, I know that Regulus had something-" he started, but was cut off by a look of pure shock, amazement, and rage.  

"Are you trying to tell me that my girlfriend cheated on me with my little brother?" he demanded, so loudly that almost everybody in the common room gawked at them like it was the most incredible thing they'd ever seen.  

"Um, actually-"  

"That little bastard!" Sirius screamed before Remus even got the chance to explain that it wasn't Regulus who had done it, but who had started the rumor. "He is going to get it now, that stupid punk!"  

He turned on his heel and pushed past a group of people roughly and out the portrait, yelling, "I'm going to kill that evil little-"  

The rest was unheard by the people in the common room, due to the portrait suddenly slamming shut.  

"Oh, dear," Remus moaned, "What have I done?"

"Ouch!" Regulus cried as his elder brother slammed him against a wall, holding a fistful of his shirt, "Stop it, that hurts!"