Chapter 44

Pain is all that I felt. I guess that's to he expected when the right side of your face is slashed. My eyes slowly opened.

I realized I was in my own bed. Sue was standing beside me. She had a trash bag and was throwing away bloody cloth. I'm guess that its my blood staining the cloths.

"Sue? What's going on?" I asked. "Don't you remember honey? You and the guys were out hiking when you got attacked by a mountain lion." She said.

I quickly caught on to what she was doing. "Oh." I said lowly. "Jake's downstairs. Want me to send him up for you?" She asked.

"Please." I said. She smiled before walking out of the room. I heard footsteps. Jake came in the room a few second later.

He froze when he saw me. "Baby." He said in almost a whisper. "I'm alright Jake." I said.

He came over to the bed and sat beside me. I hadn't even noticed the bandage on my face.

"It's going to leave a scar. The slash was pretty deep." Jake said. I frowned. I was already pretty self conscious as it is and this scar is just gonna make it worse.

"Where's Xavier and his pack?" I asked. "They left." Jake said coldly. "What happened after I blacked out?" I asked worried.

"I almost killed Xavier for slashing your face. The guys stopped me and Regan just decided it would be best if they left."

I was taken back by what Jake said. It's nobody's fault but my own that I got hurt. I'm the one who got in the middle of Leah and Xavier's screaming match.

But then again what was I supposed to do? Let them kill one another. But what's done is done. I can't take it back. Not that I want to anyway.

Jake still frowned. I put my hand on his cheek. "It's alright Jake. I'm fine." I said trying to reassure him.

"You know that I hate seeing you in pain." Jake said kissing my hand. I smiled. "Your so sweet my love." I said pecking his lips.

Jake smiled. "Only for you babe." He said pecking my lips again. What started out as just pecks turned into an all out make out fest.

"Dear god we can't leave y'all alone for nothing can we?" Jared asked. "Apparently not!" Jake growled. Jared laughed and walked off.

I giggled. "Calm down babe." I said. Jake relaxed a little. "I can't help it babe. Just when you think the guys have grown up they go and prove you wrong." He joked.

I laughed. "Yea that's true." I said. This bandage on my face was getting itchy. I start messing with it.

"Baby do you want me to tie up your hands?" Jake asked. "Nah not right now at least." I teased.

Jake rolled his eyes. "Don't mess with the bandage. Sue said she'll take it off in a few." He said.

I nodded. "Wait! Where is our son?!" I asked. Why wasn't that my first question when I woke up?! I guess the pain meds have made my brain wonky.

"Taking a nap. Calm down mama he's fine." Jake said wrapping his arms around me. I signed in relief.

"Now about tying my hands up." I said sitting in his lap. He chuckled. "Not right now snookums the packs downstairs." He said.

"Oh yea." I said. We went downstairs. I was basically tackled in a hug. "Are you ok sissy?" Seth asked.

"Yes Sethy I'm fine." I said. "I'm touched that you all were worried about me." I said.

"Your our sister Abby. Of course we were worried." Leah said smiling. I smiled back at her. Sue took the bandage off my face. The open wound had already closed and the scar was forming.

I ran my hand across it. I signed. "I think it makes you look tough." Jared said trying to cheer me up. The rest of the guys agreed.

"Thanks for that Jare bear." I said kissing his cheek. He whined at his nickname. I laughed.

After the pack left it was just me and my boys. Aiden and Jake were in the floor playing. Aiden is almost sitting up completely by himself.

I look around at my life that is slowly changing. Maybe these changes are for the better. But I can't help feeling things are moving too fast.

Take Aiden for example. He's already 4 months old. Where in the heck did that 4 months go?! I mean I feel like it was only yesterday that I held him in my arms for the first time.

But then again time moves fast when your happy. I was thrown away from my thoughts by little giggles.

"Aww is my little man ticklish?" Jake cooed at Aiden as he tickled his neck. Aiden giggled and scrunched up his neck.

"Just like his daddy." I said tickling Jake's neck. I stopped and Jake glared at me playfully. "What baby?" I asked innocently.

"Do you want to be tickled too mama?" He asked smirking. I giggled. "No sir." I said. "I'll get you next time." Jake said pecking my lips.

I giggled. "I love you my boys." I said kissing Aiden's cheek and Jake's lips. "We love you too mama." Jake said.

I smiled widely. I do hope that I see Regan and his pack again one day. If nothing else to tell them I forgive Xavier.

Everyone let's their emotions get the best of them sometimes. It's nothing to be ashamed of and it's nothing to hate yourself over.

I don't resent Xavier for giving me this scar. No one should. Everything happens for a reason.

We don't always know what those reasons are but we have to trust that they are good reasons.

Maybe this is one of those scenarios. Maybe this has a hidden meaning. Maybe just maybe.