Chapter 8

After dinner I helped Emily with the dishes. "Thank you for dinner Em. It was delicious as always."I said drying off a plate. "Thank you Abby." She said smiling.

This girl is the sweetest I tell ya. "Love the bracelet. Where'd you get it." She asks. A big smiles comes on my face.

"Jake made it for me." I said proudly. "Awww!" She squeals. I can't help but laugh. "I'm hoping to see a ring on that finger soon." She said.

"Maybe you will one day Em." I said putting the last plate in the cabinet. It was dark outside by now. The night was clear so you could see the stars perfectly.

"Hey Emily you wanna sit on the porch with me and look at the stars?" I asked. There wasn't anything better to do. The guys were huddled on the couch watching tv. "Sure Abby."

We walk out on the porch and sat down on the swing. The night was cool but not cold. It was a beautiful night.

"This is peaceful isn't it?" She asks. "Yea it sure is. Makes me feel relaxed." I said. It's so rare for the night to be clear around here. I enjoyed every minute of it.

"BOO!" Someone yelled from behind us. Emily and I both screamed and jumped right out of the swing. Falling onto the cold ground of the porch.

Loud laughter could be heard from inside the house. I look up to see Jared holding his stomach and laughing.

"Oh hahaha very funny guys." I said helping Emily off the ground. Everyone had a smile on their face even Leah. So I decided not to get Jared back. Heck it was a good laugh.

Jake comes out on the porch smiling. "What did you do?" I asked him. "Oh nothing I called your parents and asked could you spend the night for the next ohhh 3 days." Oh yeah that's right Billy won't be back from the fishing trip for any other 3 days.

"I'm taking your smile as they said yes?" I asked. "Yep!" Jake said wrapping his arms around my waist. I laugh and kiss his cheek.

We head back to Jake's house a few minutes later. I've got to say I've got the coolest parents in the world. Not everyone would let their teenage daughter spend the night with her boyfriend. Although I'm not like other teenage girls.

But I'm glad my parents trust me enough to let me do this. Anyway when we get to Jake's house I decide to take another shower. I've been sweating and I just feel gross.

When I get out of the shower the whole bathroom is fogged up from the hot water. I take my comb and comb the tangles out of my wet hair.

I slip into my pajama pants and a t shirt. Jake is sitting on the couch watching tv. I sit beside him and snuggle up to his side. He wraps his arms around me and puts me to his chest.

I don't know what came over me but I got into a playful mood. I began to trail kisses from Jake's chest to his face. I particularly focused on his neck. "Abby what are you doing?" He asked.

I didn't reply. I placed little kisses along his jaw. But when I got to his lips I didn't kiss them. Instead I just hover over them. "Babe are you gonna kiss me or not?" Jake teased.

"Not!" I said running into his bedroom. I hear Jake growl as he gets up to follow me. "Come and get me Jake." I said giggling as I try to exit his room.

Before I can Jake wraps his arms around my waist. "Caught you baby." He said. This time I did kiss him. This kiss got so heated we ended up on the bed.

Now I know what your thinking. They had sex right? Well to tell you the truth I thought we were too. I mean we came close to doing it the other night so why's tonight any different?

I think we both knew in our heads we knew that we weren't ready to go that far. Even if we are souls mates.

And I know that's not what I said the other night don't judge! Anyhow Jake and I ended up falling asleep in each other's arms.

I don't know how long I was asleep but I had such a horrific nightmare I woke up in a cold sweat.

In the nightmare Jake and the whole pack laid dying and they said it was all my fault. It felt so real it was scary. There was blood everywhere. The guys were dying right in front of me and I couldn't do anything about it. But the worst part of it all was the fact that they were saying it was all my fault.

I don't think I've ever been that scared. I know it was just a nightmare but it was the kind that leaves a nasty memory.

"Baby what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Jake asked sitting up next to me. "Oh shit I didn't mean to wake you Jake." I said. I didn't even notice the river of tears flowing down my face.

"Your in pain and I felt it. That's why I woke up. Now tell me what's wrong baby girl." He said wrapping his arms around me.

"I had a dream that you and the pack died and you told me it was my fault. There was nothing I could do. I had to watch you guys die!" I cried out.

I buried my face into Jake's chest. He kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back. After a while I stopped crying.

"Feel better?" Jake asked. "Yeah. Thank you Jake." I said kissing his cheek. "You don't have to thank me baby. This is kinda my job." He said kissing my lips.

"I love you Jacob." I said resting my head against his chest. "I love you too." He said giving me one last kiss before falling back asleep.

I laid there listening to Jake's heartbeat. After a few minutes I too was asleep. I've grown to cherish these moments with Jake. Now a days I don't know when another moment like this will come. Especially given the circumstance of what's to come.