Chapter 9

When I woke up Jake was gone. I get up to go to the bathroom when I noticed a sticky note on the kitchen table.

'Hey good morning baby! Sam called me this morning and needed my help. Seems we have a leech problem. Embry and Quil will be by later to pick you up and fill you in. Love you see you soon. Jake.'

Oh my gahhh!! Another leech! Wait if there's a leech why didn't Sam tell Jake to bring me along as well? If we have a situation then he'd want the whole pack to be aware.

Well I guess Sam had his reasons. Anyway I throw on some clothes and wait for Embry and Quil to get there.

Now I don't know if it's wolf senses or what it is but I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something was going to happen I just don't know what yet.

Embry and Quil finally decide to make an appearance. "Hey Abby. Ready to go?" Quil asked me. "Yea let's go." I said grabbing my bag and walking out the door.

"What's up Abby you seem tense." Embry said. "Aww I'm sorry guys I'm just a little irritated. It seems like we can never catch a break." I said

"It's ok I think we all feel that way. The whole leech coming for Bella thing is getting old." Quil said. As soon as it came out of his moth I instantly knew what time it was.

So that's what this is all about. Bella got herself into a mess and now we have to protect her from the damn parasite thats coming after her.

"So what exactly is going on guys?" I asked with my arms crossed. "Well ya see there's this red head vamp that's been after Bella. It was originally just her but now she has an army." Embry explained.

Oh yea I remember the red head. Sneaky little bitch. She out ran us every time we went after her. And now she has an army........ fantastic.

I sit myself on the couch when we get to Sam's. He's probably gonna give us a speech about how we have to fight to protect Forks and all that jazz.

I mean I have no problem protecting  innocent people who have nothing to do with this battle. It's our job and I'll fight till I have nothing left.

"Abby you and Jake have the first patrol at Bella's place tonight." Sam said. And I thought this day couldn't get any better.

"What time?" I asked. "8-12 . Paul and me will take over from there." Sam said. "Ok Sam." I said. I couldn't really argue now could I? He is my alpha.

I just wonder how things would be different if Jake was alpha. Heck we'd probably wage war on the Cullen's if he was alpha.

"Where is Jake anyway?" I ask. All the guys look at each other with nervous looks. "What's wrong? Why y'all acting so suspicious?" I asked.

"Ok but don't get mad." Paul said. "And under no circumstances are you to leave this house once we tell you." Sam said.

"He's with Bella isn't he?" I asked. They all nodded. "Guys come on now I'm more mature then that. I'm not gonna get mad. He's got to protect her that's the only reason he's with her." I said.

The guys seem to be relieved. Just as everything  starts to calm down I feel a sharp pain in my chest.

I feel like I'm having a heart attack. "Abby what's wrong?" Paul asked as he and the guys rush to my side.

"I don't know!" I scream out. "Make it stop!!" I scream out in pain. "Jake must have done something to upset their imprint bond." Sam said.

Oh so now if he breaks my heart it breaks literally! After a few more seconds the pain stops.

"Abby are you alright?" Emily asks me helping me up off the floor. I hadn't even realized I was on the floor.

I couldn't respond. "I'll get you some water." Emily said running into the kitchen. "What the hell did he do?" I asked.

Then Jake's angry thoughts entered my head. They were so loud I couldn't make them out. But the guys did. By the looks on their faces I could tell it wasn't good.

Emily handed me the glass of water and I downed it in one gulp. "Thank you Em." I said.

"Well are you guys gonna tell me what he did?" I asked. No one answered. "I can take it guys. It can't hurt more than what I've already experienced." I said.

But I was wrong. "He kissed Bella." I don't even remember who said it all I heard were those awful words.

"She punched him in the face and she broke her hand." Oh now the leech lover was throwing punches!

"Abby are you alright?" I look up to see Leah. I must have been out of it cuz I didn't even see her walk in.

I shake my head. No no no I am not alright. "How could he do this to me? Have these last few days meant nothing to him?" I mumble. Emily wraps her arms around my shoulder.

"What's going on?" I look over to see the door to see Jake. Sadness and anger built up inside me as I got up from the couch. I walk over to Jake.

"Jake I'm gonna ask you something and I want you to answer truthfully. Did you kiss Bella?" I ask.

He can only look down at the floor. His silence was all I needed to know. I push past him and walk out the door. Without thinking I phased and ran.

I know that running away doesn't solve your problems but right now I didn't know what else to do.

My heart was being broken all over again. And my the one who is supposed to be my soul mate is the one who is breaking it.