Chapter 24

The past two weeks with Jake have been amazing. We extended our trip another week.

I almost don't want to leave. But we have our lives back home to get back to.

The little one has been kicking like crazy. I've got a small bruise from the kicks. I haven't told Jake because I don't want him to worry.

We're currently cuddled up on the couch watching tv. I'd be so glad when my body temp gets back to normal but for now I'm not gonna complain.

Jake buried his face into my neck. I chuckled and kissed the side of his head. "I love you." He said rubbing his nose against mine. "Love you too." I said.

He was about to kiss me when my phone rang. "This better be good." He growled putting his face into my neck again.

"Oh hush." I playfully scolded. "Hello?" I said as I answered. "Hey Abby. How are you doing?" Seth asked.

"I'm fine Seth and you?" I asked. "I'm good." He said nervously. Something was wrong and I can tell. All I have to do is find out what's wrong.

"Seth." I said. "Yes?" He asked. "What's the matter?" I asked. "Nothing. Why would you think something's wrong?" He said quickly. 

"Seth if you don't tell me right now then I'll be forced to come home to find out." I warned. I heard him sign.

"Ok ok I'll tell you." He said. Then he was quite. "Well?" I asked. I was beginning to get a little irritated.

"Riley phased." He said. My eyes widened. I couldn't believe it. My little sister joined the pack.

"And she imprinted on me." He said happily. "When?" I asked. "Yesterday." He said. And I'm just now hearing about it? "Where is she now?" I asked.

"Well that's the part I'm worried your gonna get upset about." He said. Oh my gosh! I started to grit my teeth.

"What is it Seth?!" I demanded. At this point I was pacing back and forth in the living room waiting for him to give me an answer.

"She kinda got freaked out. She said she needed to be alone so she could process things. She took off. We've been looking for her ever since."

I started to shake. Calm down! I yelled at myself. Carlisle recommended me not phasing while I'm pregnant. I did it want to take a change and hurt the baby.

"We're coming home now. I'll be there in a few hours. Meet me at Sam's." I said hanging up before he can say anything else.

"Babe what's wrong?" Jake asked as I ran up to the room and packed the bags. "We have to go home now." I said.

"I'll do whatever you want to do babe. But why are you so upset?" He asked. "Riley phased yesterday and she took off. Seth said they can't find her." I said.

"Look I'm sorry for acting this way and having to cut our honeymoon short.... but she's my little sister Jake and I have to go home and help find her." I choked out.

"Hey. Hey. Hey. It's alright. I understand baby she's your sister and your protective of her. Well go home and look for her but you've got to calm down. The stress isn't good for the baby." He said rubbing my back.

He was right. I needed to calm down and keep level headed. Getting upset isn't going to find her. But I was still worried.

I was silent for almost the entire trip home. All I could think about was Riley. Was she alright?

Those thoughts were wrecking balls in my head. I was so nervous I thought I was gonna be sick. But I forced myself to calm down.

It was nearly dark when we got to Sam's. Emily was the only one there. She was sitting at the table with her head in her hands.

"Abby. Jacob." She said getting up from the table and hugging us. "The guys are out looking for her now." She explained.

Pain shot through my back. "Here come sit down." She said as she and Jake helped me to the table to sit down.

"I'll get you some coffee." She said. Jake sat beside me with his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"Thank you Em." I said as she sat the two cups down in front of us. "Your welcome." She said.

To calm me down and to ease the tension I started talking about the baby. I told Em how he started kicking.

"May I?" She asked. "Of course." I said. She placed her hand on my belly. The little one started kicking.

"Hey little one. I'm your Aunt Emily." She cooed. I smiled. When the kicking died down we continued to talk.

I kept looking at the door. Hoping that the guys would come in with Riley. My anxiety started to get worse.

Then the door opened and the guys came in. I didn't see Riley with them. I was about to start crying.

"Any luck?" Jake asked. Sam shook his head. I got up from the table. "I'm going to look for her." I said.

Jake grabbed my hand. "Your not going anywhere." He said. "She's my sister Jacob! I can't sit here and do nothing!" I snapped.

I never called Jake by his full name unless something was wrong. He pulled me closer to him.

"Babe it's dark. You can't phase and I'm not letting you go to get lost in the woods. In the morning we'll look for her again. We will bring her home. I promise." He said.

I huffed and buried my face in his chest. He wrapped his arms around me. "This is all my fault." I heard Seth say.

"How is it your fault Seth?" Jake asked confuse at how his pack brother had anything to do with this.

"Riley and I were walking on the beach. Some girls started flirting with me. I brushed them off of course but Riley got really upset. She and the girls started arguing. Then she started shaking." Seth explained.

"I pulled her away and she phased. We came back here. She told me she imprinted on me and then she left."

I hugged Seth. "It's not your fault Seth. Nobody knew this was going to happen." I said.

"I just hope we find her soon. It hurts me to be away from her." Seth said.

I've been so wrapped up in my own emotions I haven't even considered Seth's. The poor boy is in pain and all I can think about is myself.

"We'll find her Seth. I promise."