Chapter 37

I woke up early to help Emily. Jake told me he'd bring Aiden over later on today. It's a good thing too because me and Em are busy.

We had to make a lot since we're feeding guys with wolf appetites. The heat from the kitchen was making me sweat. I had to put my hair up in a pony tail.

"I appreciate the help Abby." Emily said. "It's no problem Em. I knew you could use the extra set of hands." I said.

Emily and I had been cooking for the majority of the day. When we finally got done we had to take a breather.

We sat on the couch and drunk like 3 cups of water. "Ahh water is so refreshing." I said.

Emily smiled. Embry, Quil, Jake, Sam and Seth came in. Sam embraced Emily and Jake came over to me.

"I dropped Aiden off with Rachel." He said. "Ok." I said. "Are you guys sweating?" Embry asked.

"Yea. It was pretty hot in the kitchen." I said. "Well go shower. That's nasty." He joked.

"Bite my ass." I said. He wasn't wrong. I did need a shower. "I'm gonna go home and shower. I'll see y'all in a few." I said walking out the door.

I don't know what it is about a hot shower but it always relaxes me. The hot water soothed my muscles.

I got out of the shower and put my clothes on. I was taking a chance and wearing shorts. There not hooker shorts they go down to my knees.

I wore one of my nice shirts and my sandals. "Don't you look sexy. I'm looking forward to ripping that outfit off of you tonight." Jake said.

"Behave." I said. "No promises babe." He said as we walked out the front door.

"Hey guys." Rachel said hugging us. "Hey sis." Jake said. "Aiden's with Paul." She said.

I nodded. "Thank you so much for helping put this together." Rachel said to me. I smiled. "It was nothing Rach." I said.

Rachel and I hung out for a while. The whole time I'd catch Jake looking at me with hungry eyes.

"Do I even want to know why my little brother is looking at you like your a whole snack?" Rachel asked.

"I'll have you know I'm breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert twice a week." I joked. Rachel brought her hand up to her mouth to contain her laughter.

That night we had more fun than we've ever had before. At least I think so. I've never seen Rachel so relaxed. I was glad she was enjoying herself.

"So when do you leave?" Emily asks her as we start cleaning up. "Tomorrow afternoon." Rachel said.

I hated to see her go. I know it's gonna really hurt Paul to be away from her. But she's graduating in a few months. I know she'll be back.

"You know something?" Rachel asked. "What's that?" I asked. "This is the first time that I've been home that I've actually enjoyed myself. And I have you guys to thank for that." She said.

"I'm glad we could make you feel better Rachel." I said. "Me too." Emily said. Rachel pulled us into a hug. I'm really going to miss her.

The three of us sat on the porch stargazing. The night was crystal clear. The stars filled the night sky.

Rachel started pointing out constellation. I chuckled at my sister in law. I'm glad she could see them. I must be blind as a bat.

"It's right there Abby." She said. She was trying to show me the Big Dipper. I tilted my head. "Oh ok now I see it." I lied.

"Liar." Rachel said causing Em and I to laugh. Rachel laughed along with us. "I love you sis but you can't see worth a crap." Rachel said.

"Guilty." I said. We continued to laugh. The smiles were still on our faces once the laughing stopped.

Jake had already taken Aiden home. I decided to stay and help clean up. "Abby you can go on home. Everything's cleaned up now." Emily said.

I hugged her and Rachel. "I love you guys." I said. "Love you too." They said. I got into my car and headed home.

"Jake I'm home." I said walking into the house. Jake was sitting on the couch. "Hey babe." He said.

"Aiden asleep?" I asked. "Yep. Fell asleep about 20 minutes ago." He said. "Oh ok." I said kissing his lips.

"Lets go upstairs." I said. "As you wish." Jake said scooping me up bridal style.

Jake made good on that promise of ripping my clothes off of me. I thought he was gonna tear my shorts in half.

Pretty soon Jake and I were right where we were the other night. In bed, naked and out of breath.

"Told ya we'd have fun tonight." He said. I smiled and pecked his lips. "I should've never doubted you." I said.

Jake smirked and kissed my lips. "It's unwise to doubt the great Jacob Black." He joked.

"Oh my gosh Jake." I said laughing. "Hey it's the truth." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Well I won't ever doubt you again." I said. "Good." Jake said planting a kiss on my cheek.

We cuddled together for a good while. I always loved cuddling with Jake. It made me forget about all the crappy things.

"Leah's coming over tomorrow." I told Jake. "Oh ok. For what?" He asked. "Just to visit." I said.

Jake nodded. "Sam's making me, Embry and Quil take Brady and Collin on a training exercise tomorrow." Jake said.

"Breaking in the rookies huh?" I joked. "Yep." Jake said. Brady and Collin are good kids. But I wouldn't be surprised if they start acting like the guys sooner or later.

"Sam need my help with that?" I asked. "Nah." Jake said. "Well tell him I'm here if he needs me to do anything." I said.

I didn't want to feel useless. I wanted to contribute to the pack as much as I can. But Sam's taking into consideration Jake and I have a baby now.

"He knows that babe. He knows your busy with the baby is all." Jake said. "Well I appreciate that." I said.

Jake kissed the top of my head. "I love you Jake." I said. "I love you too babe." He said. 

I laid my head on his chest. His heartbeat lulled me to sleep. Our lives couldn't be better. I just hope nothing comes back to ruin it.