Chapter 41

I took out the clothes from the dryer. I put them in the basket and took them into the living room so I could fold them up.

Taylor would be back today. Noah has been mopey all morning. I figured he'd be excited to see his mom. It hurt me to see him upset.

I took out the clothes I washed that were Noah's and began to fold them. He's grown so much in the past few years.

It made me feel old. Watching him and Aiden grown with each passing day made me feel older than what I really am.

I guess every mom or aunt feels that way. I know my moms told me that me and my sisters make her feel old. But she doesn't look her age. Not at all.

Anyway I put all of Noah's clothes in his bag folded nice and neat. I carefully zipped up the bag and placed it beside the couch.

I sat on the couch with my face in my hands. A million thoughts ran through my head as I sat there. I started to get a headache.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Jake coming down the stairs with Aiden. "Hey babe." Jake said.

"Hello my two favorite boys." I said kissing Jake's lips and Aiden's cheek. "What about me?" Noah asked. "Yes and you too." I said scooping him up. I showered him with kisses.

"Sissy." He whined trying to push my face away. "Sorry sweetie I couldn't help myself." I said sitting down on the couch with Jake and Aiden.

Noah was still in my lap. He snuggled his face into my chest. Suddenly I felt my motherly instincts kicking in. I felt like a mother bear and he was my cub.

What's gotten over me? Why did I feel this way? Maybe it's the fact that Taylor may be moving to Oregon and I'll barely see them. I've never really been able to explain it.

"When is mom supposed to be home?" Noah asked. "She'll be home this afternoon sometime." I said rubbing his back. What he said next I never will forget.

"Do you think mom will let me live here with you and Jake?" He asked. Jake and I looked at each other.

"Do you want to live here with us buddy?" Jake asked. "Yes very much. Please." He said. I knew it! What can I say I'm always right.

"I'll talk to her about it when she gets here ok?" I asked. "Ok." He said. I kissed the top of his head. Ohhh this was gonna be a fun day.

I waited out on the porch for Taylor to pull up. I wanted to make sure that if we did start arguing that the kids didn't have to hear it.

I would love for Noah to come live with us. It would keep me occupied taking care of him and Aiden. I'd never have a boring day.

Then the moment finally came that I had been dreading all week. Taylor finally pulled up at my house. She got out of the car with a worried look on her face.

"Hey sis. Missed you." I said hugging her. "Aww I missed you too." She said hugging me back. I held in the hug for a little longer than normal. I wanted to make this moment last.

"Listen I need to talk to you." We both said at the same time. "Oh sorry. You go first." I said. "I think we should sit down." She said.

We sat down in the rocking chairs. "Well I got the job in Oregon." She said happily. "That's great sis! Congratulations!" I said. She smiled at me.

"Thanks. But I was thinking about Noah. You know that I've always wanted the best for him right?" I nodded. Oh god where was this going?

"Well I'm going to be really busy for the first year basically. So I was wondering if you'd let Noah live here with you and Jake." She said.

I was taken back a little. I never expected her to say that. It makes logical sense to me but Taylor had never been one to care about logic.

"We'd be happy to have him here." I said. "Thank you so much sis. I hope I'm not asking too much." She said.

"I promise your not. You need time to get settled in a new place with a new job." I said. She smiled at me.

"I appreciate that so much Abby." She said. "It's no problem sis." I said putting my hand over hers.

"So when do you leave?" I asked. "Next month." She said. I figured she was leaving next week by the way she was talking.

"I'm gonna spend every spare second I have with Noah." She said. "Well we're waisting time just sitting here." I joked.

When we walked into the house Noah was sitting on the couch with Jake. "Mom!!" Noah yelled running over to his mother.

"Hey baby! How are you?" She asked scooping him up. "I'm good." He said. I smiled and sat beside Jake. I looked around for Aiden.

"He's upstairs taking a nap." Jake said. Oh. Well then I guess that answers my question. Taylor sat beside us in the recliner. Noah was still in her lap.

"I got the job in Oregon." She said to her son. "That's good." Noah said sadly. His frown was about to get turned upside down.

"Well you see honey I'm going to be really really busy this next year and I was wondering......" She stopped.

Noah was looking at her with a confused look. "You were wondering what mom?" He asked. He's so impatient. He gets that from me.

"How would you like to stay here with sissy and Jake?" She asked. His face lit up like fireworks. "I'd love it!" He yelled.

He quickly covered his mouth. "Sorry. I'd love it." He said quieter. I smiled at my nephew. "We'd love for you to come too." I said kissing his cheek.

"But I don't leave until next month. So until then it's just me and you kid." Taylor said ruffling his hair. Noah giggled.

I was happy for my sister. She finally has the job she's always wanted. I would miss her while she's in Oregon. But I'm sure she'll visit.

I'm thankful she's letting Noah say with me and Jake. Even if it is only for a year. I'm going to make the best of this next year. With two kids in the house plus a whole pack it's going to be one exiting year.