Chapter 11

"Ok Jake. Before you blow a gasket they invited me over for dinner." I said. What a minute why am I telling him this?! He's not my keeper!

"Get in the car." He said. To avoid arguing I just got into the car. The car ride was awkward and silent. I could feel Jake's rage from where I was sitting.

When we got to Emily's I saw my dad walking out of the house. "So when were you gonna tell me you joined the pack?" He asked. I looked at him confused.

"Your not the only ones who know the legends are true. Please be careful Abby." He said hugging me before going home.

"Sam." I said. "Hey he figured it out himself. I didn't know that your great grandfather was apart of the original pack." Sam said.

"Well to tell you the truth Sam until a few months ago I didn't know there was an original pack." I said walking into the house.

I can still feel Jake glaring at me. I sat on the couch beside Quil and Embry.

"Where were you anyway Abby?" Quil asked. "She was having dinner with the Cullen's." Jake said with disgust in his voice.

"Look I don't see what the big deal is! They invited me. I didn't want to seem rude. Plus Sam knew where I was." I said.

"Still I don't trust them around you." Jake said. "I'm a big girl Jake. I can take care of myself. We need to focus on the real threat. And that's not the Cullen's." I said trying to walk out the door only for Jake to grab my arm and pull me back into the house.

"You are my imprint Abby. It's my job to protect you." He said. "You didn't seem worried about protecting me when you kissed Bella." I said.

His grip tightened on my arm. "Ow Jake that hurts." I said. "Let go Jake." I said but his grip just got tighter. "Let her go Jacob!" Sam yelled with his alpha voice.

When Jake's grip was loose enough I jerked my arm away. I looked down at it to see a big blue bruise forming. "What have I done?" Jake said.

"No Jake. Come on it's not so bad." I said trying to stop him as he ran out the door. "He'll be alright Abby just give him a minute." Sam said patting my shoulder.

Embry's eyes got wide when he saw my arm. "Oh my God! I'll kick his ass!" He yelled. "Embry it's ok calm down." I said.

"Whose ass are we kicking?" Leah asked. Embry showed her my arm. "Jacob did that?" My silence was all she needed for her answer.

"Alright everyone calm down. He didn't mean it. Jake will come back and apologize later. Fighting won't solve anything." Sam said or rather ordered.

I spent the next hour trying to calm Embry and Leah down. It's good to know I've got friends that have my back.

Even though he's put me through so much crap I still love him. He's my imprint. My world my lover. My Jacob

~Night before the battle~

Tomorrow was the battle. The guys were all pumped to kill some vampires. I'll admit the inner wolf in me was excited. But the lingering human part was scared.

I was scared for myself I was scared for my pack. Scared that someone might get hurt. Scared I might loose someone. It made me sick to my stomach.

It didn't make it any better that Jacob is on a mountain top with Bella and Edward. But he had to carry her up the mountain so the vamps wouldn't catch her sent.

I wanted him here with me. I wanted to make things right between us. If something happens to him tomorrow and we never got a chance to work things out I'd never forgive myself.

'Jake can you here me?' I said through wolf telepathy. 'Yea I can here you.' He said. 'I just wanted to tell you to be careful tomorrow and I love you.' I said.

Hot tears began to slip down my face. 'I love you too Abby.' He said. Gosh I've missed hearing him say that. I slept a little better that night. Maybe there was hope for Jake and I yet.

~Day of the battle~

I stood with the rest of my pack. We were ready to defend our home and the people in it.

'There coming.' Sam said. The sickly sweet stench burned my nose. 'Get ready.' Sam ordered. Oh this was really happening.

'NOW!' I jumped from my spot. I ripped off the head of one vamp. The battle had just began and yet the bodies dropped. Carlisle was right. This had turned into a bloodbath.

The battle didn't take as long as expected. No one was hurt. I looked over at Jake who just came out of the woods.

I went to speak when another vamp crawled out of the woods. Leah charged him. "Leah don't!" Edward yelled.

She didn't listen. I ran over and yanked him away from her. He got his arms around me. I tried to get out of his hold but I couldn't. He squeezed and shattered my bones instantly.

I whined in pain. I thought I was dead until Sam Jake and Paul ripped him off of me and tore him apart.

There I was laying in the middle of the field naked with half of the bones broken.

"Abby why did you do that! I had it!" Leah yelled. "Leah!" Sam barked.

"Oh why did you do that?" Jake asked running his fingers through my hair. "You have to get her out of here." Edward said.

"We'll take her back to Billy's." Sam said. "I'll be there as soon as I can." Carlisle said.

Leah came over to me. "Don't touch her! I'll carry her!" Jake yelled. I groaned as he picked me up. "I've got you." He whispered.

"What happened?!" Billy and my dad yelled when we got there. "Leech shatter the right side of her body." Sam said.

Jake took me in the house where he clothed me. "Oh baby. I'm so sorry." He said holding onto my hand. I was in so much pain I couldn't speak.

"I'll make things right. No more Bella I promise." He said with tears going down his face. He was in pain too.

I screamed at the top of my lungs when Carlisle had to re break my bones so they'd heal right. I don't think I've ever been in this much pain before.

When it was over I was laying in Jake's bed breathless and sweaty. The worst pain was over but one still lingered.

"Did you mean what you said a minute ago? About making things right?" I asked Jake. "Of course. Your my imprint Abby and I want to be with you. I've realized that I may love Bella but I love you more." He said.

"I love you to Jake. And if you promise never to put me through this much Hell ever again..... then we can start over." I said.

"I promise I'll never do this again. I love you very much Abby." Jake said pecking my lips.

"And I have never stopped loving you. Jacob Black."