Chapter 9: The Truth Revealed

Start from the beginning

Her expression was calm, her eyes dancing with triumph. "Oh my my, Natsu Dragneel. That is quite the hard glare you're giving me. Did I perhaps do something wrong?"

Natsu wished he could burn that smug expression right off her face. "What did you do to me?!"

"Well I simply just controlled your mind a little bit. I had to do it, you see; I was getting quite bored with our exchange."

Natsu's bound hands tightened into fists. "You made me attack Lucy..."

"Ah yes I did indeed. Quite the expression she had on her face, don't you think? She very much looked like she was face-to-face with a monster."

The dragon slayer stiffened.

"Tell me, my fire dragon...what is your relationship with that girl?"

Natsu's glare grew intense, and he snarled. "What does it matter to you?"

Ilene smiled, her eyes glinting as she put a finger to her lips. "Oh? Have I perhaps hit a sore spot, my fire dragon?"

Natsu ignored her. "How long have I been in here?"

"Only for a few hours, but don't worry. Tomorrow we will get started."

The pinkette pulled at his binds, but they didn't budge. "Get started with what?"

However, Ilene only chuckled.

"I found him!" Levy rasped, sweat on her brow from the continuous concentration.

Lucy jumped to her feet, the morning sun beginning to shine above their heads. "Where is he?"

The group had just finished eating a boar they had caught to eat and replenish their strength, now gathering all around Levy as she pointed to a red dot of light that appeared on the paper map of Victoria she had brought with her.

"I'm sorry, it took some time; I guess this Ilene person was using the Astrodite to conceal her and Natsu's position. But in the end, I was able to find him." she sighed, looking exhausted as she had stayed up all night to locate Natsu's whereabouts. "We're here, northeast of Berkeley. This red dot here in the northwest is where we are gonna find him. It looks like she's in a hideout right on the edge of the island, facing the sea."

"Good work, Levy!" Erza praised, smiling.

Lucy gave her friend a big hug, tears on the corners of her eyes. "Thank you so much for all of your hard work, Levy!"

The script mage returned it, sighing in relief. "I'm always glad to help!"

Gajeel stepped forward, his arms crossed. "You gonna be alright while we're gone?"

Levy looked up at him with a soft smile. "I'll be fine. Mest is gonna take me back to the guild and I'll get some rest. The rest of you be sure to bring Natsu back!"

"We will," Gray agreed, nodding. "Now, let's go get that Flamebrain."

"Are you ready, Miss Lucy?" Wendy asked, not having left the blonde's side ever since Lucy's illness was revealed to the group members.

Lucy took Natsu's scarf back from Levy, wrapping it around her neck. "Yes. Let's go."

"Lu-chan?"

The celestial mage stopped, seeing Levy standing as Mest made his way over to her side. "Please, be careful. Try not to use your magic too much...okay?"