Chapter 2: An Intruder

Fairy Tail: You're Natsu of Fairy Tail (A NaLu Fan Fiction) by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2018

.

.

.

Lucy let out a long sigh.

The sun had set over Magnolia, and the sky was a mixture of vivid pinks and oranges behind the feathered clouds. Lucy hadn't done much at the guild that day, but after she'd scolded herself for watching Natsu sleep like that and getting ideas in her head, she'd helped Mira clean out an old closet at the back of the guild. Some of the objects had been heavy, so her shoulders were slightly sore—but other than that, she was fine.

"What's wrong, Lu-shee?" Happy asked with his periodical slur to her name, walking next to her feet.

"Oh, nothing! Just tired."

Natsu yawned next to her, walking on her right with his hands clasped behind his head and his pace relaxed.

Lucy smiled slightly in amusement. "You slept for at least an hour, yet you're still tired?"

However, the dragon slayer stopped for a moment, turning to look behind them.

Lucy and Happy stopped a few paces ahead, surprised.

"Natsu?" Lucy asked, her brows furrowing.

"Is something wrong?" the blue exceed asked, peeking around the celestial mage's leg.

As quickly as Natsu had stopped, he seemed to go back to normal; he turned back to the two of them, smiling. "Ah, I forgot something at the guild, Luce. Happy, take her home for me? I'll meet up with you guys later."

"A-Aye..." Happy began, slightly hesitant.

But Natsu didn't give them time to say or ask anything else. With a wave, he took off down the road, back in the direction of the guild.

"I wonder what he forgot?" Lucy wondered aloud, but didn't really think much about it as she turned back towards the direction of her home and kept walking. "C'mon, Happy!"

As they approached Lucy's home, she was eager for a shower. She'd promised Natsu and Happy to make them dinner, as she had been practicing cooking and wanted to get better at it recently. Anything she made, the two of them would eat—good or not. But luckily, it looked like the things she made weren't too bad yet, since she hadn't ruined Natsu and Happy's appetite yet. She held in a laugh as she opened the door to her apartment.

Only for it to die instantly in her throat when she saw what lay before her.

Her apartment was completely trashed.

The low light couldn't hide the destruction. Lucy's desk was a complete mess, her papers scattered everywhere, her pictures on the floor and some of the glass in the frames shattered. Her dresser filled with her clothes were either open or completely pulled out on the floor, her tops and skirts scattered all over the floor. A broken vase of flowers Wendy had given her a week ago resided on the carpet, a wet spot surrounding it and some of the petals destroyed. The sheets on her bed were pulled back and were tangled, as if someone had searched even there, and confusion filled her.

Happy entered just a second after her, and now his face was shadowed with alarm. "W-What happened, Lucy? Was it your anger management issues again?"

Lucy didn't even bother scolding the blue exceed for that. Instead, a bit of fear and a large amount of alarm filled her as she stepped inside the premises, leaving the safety of the doorway.