The King (Sort of an au sort of not)

(Pay no mind to the number

(Pay no mind to the number. I'm doing these out of order.)
   He wasn't exactly well liked among his peers. In fact he was hated amongst most social circles. He was known as the "king." He gave himself the nickname of course, and to him it probably meant that he had supreme power over everyone he encountered. Others gave it their own meaning. They saw the nickname as a sign of his inevitable fall. No king lasted forever. His downfall would come sooner than he thought, and everyone was looking forward to witnessing it.
   He sat down in his large velvet covered chair. This chair was the throne of his office. He had received it as a peace offering from a group who had not been very sociable when he visited them in Italy. Personally, he thought he was top notch at intimidation and manipulation.
   "Xavier," A voice called out. He looked up from his desk, eyes examining the tall person standing in the doorway.
   "Now now Iza, what did we say about using that name?" He smirked. Iza rolled their eyes.
   "That I should not use it in when we are in public, but we aren't in public, this is your office," They replied. Xavier chuckled at Iza's reply. They always were a smartass.
   "Your personality is always so refreshing my friend, now, what is it you want? I know you wouldn't come here alone voluntarily unless it was important," Xavier hummed.
   "It's the group that traded me as a peace offering, they are requesting for my return," Iza explained.
   "And by requesting I assume you mean...?"
   "They are at the door with heavy artillery."
   "Uggggh, why do yakuza have to be so difficult? Now I'll miss my scheduled carving session," Xavier groaned, sinking down in his chair.
   "I was one of their better performers, it only makes sense they would come back for me," Iza shrugged.
   "For the last time Iza, murder isn't a performance, it's a delicate art," Xavier sighed as he got up from his chair, slipping a handgun into his labcoat pocket next to his pocket knife. He walked past Iza, allowing them to follow behind him. "You've been rather talkative today, have you been studying english more lately?" Xavier asked, making idle chit chat with the tall Japanese person.
   "I have, and I believe I've gotten better for the most part, I would still prefer to remain silent in public as much as possible however," Iza replied.
   "Understandable, doubt many people would be stupid enough to approach you anyways," Xavier grinned. They stopped at the front door. Iza came to stand obediently at Xavier's side. "Now remember Iza, we have to be personable, give them your best smile," Xavier added.
   "What would be the point? They can't exactly see my mouth under the scarf..."
   "That's the joke Iza," Xavier rolled his eyes in amusement. He grabbed onto the door handles, flinging the double doors open. The click of several guns being pointed towards him wasn't exactly unexpected. "Ah, if it isn't the yakuza, it has been quite a long time since we last did business, what is it you need?" Xavier smiled his usual charismatic smile. One of the larger men stepped forward. Iza recognized this man as their translator.
   "You know exactly what it is we're here for king," The man spat out Xavier's nickname like venom. Xavier reached up and put a strong hand on Iza's shoulder.
   "Ah yes, dear Iza, I am afraid I have gotten rather attached to them and vice versa, so I will not return them," Xavier's smiled seemed to be shifting to something more sinister.
   "Then we will be forced to burn you and everything you've worked for to the ground," The man smirked.
   "My apologies sir, but you will do no such thing, Iza, you are carrying your katana on you yes?" Xavier looked up at Iza, getting a nod in response. "Good, then we should be able to settle this nice and quick." Xavier reached into his pocket, quickly pulling his gun out and getting four miraculous head shots in a row. Iza was already behind the last few guys by the time they had fired their guns. Xavier dodged the bullets by throwinf himself to the ground, allowing Iza to decapitate the remaining members of the group in one slice. The last one standing ended up being the translator himself. He reached into his pocket for a gun, but was stopped by Iza's katana lightly pressing against his throat.
   "Should I finish it?" Iza asked over his shoulder. Xavier got up and dusted off his clothes.
   "That won't be necessary Iza, we need someone alive to let the rest of them know not to disturb us, then again, if no one comes back... That could be warning enough..." Xavier mused as he walked over to the pair.
   "P-Please, don't kill me," The man stuttered, shaking. He had to have been a grunt they hired last minute. Only a grunt would be so weak. Xavier took in a deep breath, relishing in the sounds of begging. He had always loved to hear people beg for their lives.
   "I have to say, that is some top notch begging, Iza, when was the last time I had seen desperation in it's purest form?" Xavier asked his intimidating partner. Iza knew the question was probably rhetorical, but he answered nonetheless.
   "Yesterday's victim screamed for mercy much louder."
   "Right you are, in that case, let's just end it," Xavier shrugged, chuckling to himself.
   "No! Pl-" Iza slit the man's throat, cutting him off completely.
   "Nicely done, now come along, we'll have to clean this up in case we get anymore guests," Xavier sighed, walking back inside, Iza at his heels.