Deer In Headlights (Sorta horror??)

A short blonde man walked up the cobblestone path leading up to a fairly large cabin

    A short blonde man walked up the cobblestone path leading up to a fairly large cabin. This cabin was by no means isolated. Sure it was in the woods, but there was a Ranger's cabin and tower nearby, and it wasn't that deep in the woods to begin with. The blonde man's eyes were drawn to the various stumps littering the frontyard. The residents must have cut down most of the surrounding trees. Was that even legal? Well... It must have been, a ranger would've said something already if it wasn't.
   The blonde man got to the door and dug a piece of paper out of his pocket, unfolding it and carefully looking over it.
   "This is the place..." He mumbled to himself. He had been invited here by an old co-worker. Apparently since getting fired, his co-worker had made a name for himself as a taxidermist. A job that disturbed the blonde man, but he'd at least support his old friend. He was about to knock when he got lost in thought. How much did he actually know about his old co-worker? He worked as a doctor alongside the blonde man, so he was sort of trustworthy. However, that begged the question. What exactly was it he got fired for? Could've been stealing, most of the time it's stealing. A tall person clearly of asian descent opened the door, making the blonde man jump. This wasn't his co-worker friend.
   "Xavier, there is a freckled child at our door," The Asian person half shouted with a heavy accent.
   "Ah! Let him in!" A raspy yet still smooth voice replied. The Asian person took a step aside, letting the blonde man in. The cabin appeared to be slightly larger than it looked from the outside, and taxidermy animal heads lined the walls.
   "He is finishing up some work, he will be right with you," The Asian person stated, leading the blonde man to a large, plush couch. He sat himself down and began to slowly sink into it. It was as if the couch was eating him. He looked up at the Asian person. Tall and intimidating, much like another friend of the blonde man. This person seemed... Colder. He tried to comprehend the gender of the person, but didn't like to assume things, and it was difficult to tell anyways since the person had a scarf over their face.
   "Who are you?" He asked. The person's eyes shifted to the blonde man, but they made no attempt to move their position in any way.
   "Iza, I am Xavier's companion," They replied.
   "So you two are together?" The blonde man asked.
  "Not in the way you are implying," They shrugged, turning their eyes forward again. Okay... Not much of a talker.
   "Ah! Good to see you again!" The familiar raspy voice greeted. The blonde man was wrapped up in a crushing, almost predatory embrace.
   "H-Hey! It's been awhile," The blonde man squeaked. The man practically strangling him was unsurprisingly taller, with mid-length brown hair. He had on a pristine white labcoat that seemed a little too clean given the man's profession. After an awkward silence, the man in the labcoat finally released the blonde man.
   "I see you've met Iza! They're a good friend of mine who assists me in my work," The man in the lab coat smiled. Something about that smile made the blonde man uneasy.
   "Interesting," That was all the blonde man could really say. This scenario was more than a little awkward.
   "Anyways, I thought about inviting you over to show you my work, I've been working hard ever since the hospital let me go,"
   "Not to be rude, but why me? Surely you made other friends down at the hospital,"
   "I did, but none that really stood out as much as you did, you just have... Kind eyes y'know?" The man in the labcoat explained. He reached over and grabbed the blonde man's hand.
  "What are-"
  "We'll be right back Iza, I need to show my friend here my workspace, make sure nothing catches on fire while we're gone okay?" The Asian person nodded in response to the statement, and just like that the blonde man was whisked away further into the cabin.
   "Your workspace? Oh dear... Please tell me you cleaned up everything first," The blonde man shuddered.
   "Why? Afraid of a little blood? Ha, don't worry, I made sure to clean this time," The man in the labcoat laughed. The blonde man's eyes were greeted to a small room. Several oddly shaped tools were neatly placed in a row on a metal table. There was a huge, tightly shut bin with a biohazard logo on it. Finally, next to that was a wide work table, a buck's head attached to a mount laying sideways on top of it. The blonde man approached it, feeling a bit sick. Why did people like taxidermy? Perhaps there was some type of craft to it that the blonde man just couldn't see? Whatever, honestly the blonde man just couldn't get past the idea of having to look an innocent, albeit dead, animal in the eyes. The buck's horns looked completely intact, something that was kind of impressive the blonde man supposed.
   "I-Impressive work," He stuttered out.
   "Glad you like it, this buck here is my pride and joy, it's one of my better pieces, only issue is the doe," The man in the labcoat sighed.
  "The doe?"
  "Well, I was sent a doe that I thought would look great next to this buck here, a romantic type of piece y'know?" Romantic? How was taxidermy romantic? Nevermind, the blonde wasn't the type to start arguments anyways.
   "What went wrong then?"
   "It's the eyes, some taxidermists use marbles, and others even use glass eyes, I have my own 'special' material though, unfortunately I just can't find any of it that properly imitates the big, wide, innocent look of a doe's actual eyes,"
   "Special material? What is it?" The blonde man asked.
   "Now now, if I told you then it wouldn't be special anymore now would it?" The man in the labcoat chuckled. The blonde man looked over the buck's head again, this time focusing in on it's eyes. They were weirdly human. Pupil, iris, what in the world? The blonde man squinted, trying to view the eyes better. Eyes weren't really his area, but he had seen plenty to know, there was no way these were fake.
   "The eyes do look pretty intimidating huh?" The blonde man nervously laughed. He needed to get out of here.
   "...You've noticed, haven't you? I expected you to actually, you are a pretty observant doctor after all," The man in the labcoat's expression suddenly turned sinister, his smile taking a disturbing turn.
   "S-Sorry?" He wasn't going to drop his clueless act just yet.
   "You're persistent, I'll give you that, did anyone at the hospital ever tell you why I got fired?" He began slowly walking forward, cornering the blonde man.
   "N-No can't say anyone did,"
   "It was for two reasons actually, I stole organ coolers,"
   "W-What was the other reason?"
   "The organ coolers were holding my prizes from all the surprise surgeries I gave patients," The man in the labcoat smirked as the blonde man's back hit the wall. Nowhere else to run.
   "I-I don't-"
   "You always did have such big eyes... Wide, innocent doe eyes- GAH!" The man in the labcoat had been hit over the head with something, causing him to topple over onto the floor. There stood the Asian person, a frying pan in their hand.
   "He was... He was going to..." The blonde man was shaking, nearly frozen in fear. Had Iza not come to his rescue, the man in the labcoat would have cut out his eyes.
   "I apologize for letting things get as far as they did, normally I am the one who brings people here for him to 'work' on, however... You seemed too kind to kill," The Asian person sighed.
   "Thank you? Won't he know you knocked him out and go after you next?"
   "I will tell him it was an accident while he was working, even if he does remember, he won't hurt me, deep down he knows I am quicker and deadlier than him. Now, I suggest you go, I may not be able to help you if he gets to you a second time," Iza mumbled. The blonde man nodded, trudging through the cabin and out the door, the bloody image that could've been flashing over and over in his mind... He probably would take a sick day off of work tomorrow.