Panic

It wasn't often that the dusty old room was used

   It wasn't often that the dusty old room was used. It was there for emergency purposes. Extreme weather, extreme terror attacks, basically anything extreme. None of which had happened. Not recently anyways. For the past few years, members of the blue navy had only been in and out in order to restock on emergency supplies. They purposely used long lasting supplies to avoid doing this job too often, and yet here half of the navy was, locked inside the room. What had caused this? Well... Seamstress Nutella had brought Lynx with her to the panic room, hoping to get some help with restocking. Of course, after realizing they had been spending too much time in there, medic Anon grabbed Medi the reaper and went to go search for the couple. They found them alright, cuddled up in the corner of the room asleep. Anon laughed it off while Medi rolled his eyes and began to mentally prepare a lecture on the importance of not slacking off. Fortunately for everyone else, he was interrupted by Commander Kiwi herself, lieutenant Potato closely following behind her.
   "Anyone care to explain why it takes half an army to restock a panic room?" Kiwi huffed, sauntering into the room. Her tone managed to wake Nutella up slightly. Her eyes were drawn to the lieutenant, who was about to close the panic room door behind her.
   "WAIT DON'T CLOSE THE DOOR WE-" Unfortunately, Nutella was too late. Potato had closed the door behind her as she stepped into the room, the door making a loud clicking noise. "Ugh great, now we're locked in," Nutella groaned.
   "W-What?!" Anon squeaked. She began to, no pun intended, panic. Medi placed his hand on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her down.
   "What do you mean we're locked in?!" Kiwi growled.
   "Exactly what it sounds like, we're locked in, I brought Lynx with me so someone could hold the door open while I restocked," Nutella explained.
   "How exactly did that end in you two falling asleep in the corner?" Potato teased.
   "Wha...?" Lynx slowly woke up, a bit of rasp to her voice.
   "Oh well good morning sleeping beauty," Kiwi greeted sarcastically.
   "Hey! Leave her out of this!" Nutella frowned.
   "Can everyone just take a second to calm down? Commander, is there anyone else at the base currently? Perhaps they can let us out," Medi asked. Kiwi shook her head.
   "The only person nearby is blue leader, however she's out right now, we'll have to wait for her to come back," Kiwi sighed.
   "When will she be back?" Lynx asked.
   "Who knows? Blue leader likes to keep silent about her personal affairs, I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to," Kiwi shrugged.
   "S-So we're stuck in here?!" Anon stuttered. Medi wrapped his whole arm around Anon this time.
   "She can't be gone for more than a day, we just have to wait a few hours," Medi comforted Anon. Kiwi leaned against the wall, slowly sliding down until she was seated on the floor. Potato followed her lead, sitting down next to her.
   "I swear, this panic room is more trouble than it's worth," Nutella mumbled.
   "If it wasn't for this panic room, we could end up dead!" Anon argued.
   "From what? It's been years since an actual emergency!" Nutella argued back.
   "This is no time for arguing, spending hours locked in a tiny panic room is bad enough, no need to make tensions run high," Potato shrugged. There was a bit of an almost painful silence that seemed to hover around the group for awhile, somehow making the atmosphere even more tense than it was before.
   "So... What are we supposed to do in here?" Lynx chimed in. Everyone mentally thanked her for at least trying to break the awful silence.
   "We could play a game!" Anon suggested.
   "Absolutely not, last time we played a game it ended in Nutella being locked outside, Lynx trying to break down the door to let Nutella in, Medi and I's ankles being tied together, and Anon and Potato trying to do each other's jobs, and for the record, that was not too fun to try and explain to blue leader," Kiwi rolled her eyes.
   "Well it's not like we have access to the whole base like last time, plus, that was a game of truth or dare, there are plenty of other games we can play!" Anon giggled.
   "Medic, hate to burst your bubble, but this is the blue navy, no matter what game we play, it'll always end the same way... Complete and utter chaos," Kiwi finished. Anon sunk down the floor, seemingly defeated.
   "I didn't really mind the silence we had going if I am being honest," Medi stated. Rather than sink to the ground with the others, he decided to just lean against the wall.
   "There is no way we're going back to being silent, that was plain unsettling," Lynx shuddered.
   "Maybe we should do the opposite, yell as loud as possible, it's not like we'll know when blue leader gets back, why not try getting her attention with alot of noise?" Nutella put her idea on the table.
   "Oh yeah, great plan genius, if she isn't back, we'll just be screaming our lungs out, by the time she DOES get here, our throats will be too sore to let her know we're stuck," Kiwi shot Nutella's plan down almost quicker than it had arisen.
   "We're going to die in here," Anon mumbled under her breath, fear and panic clear in her voice.
   "Will you calm down medic?! We've only been stuck in here for a few minutes! It hasn't even been an hour yet!" Kiwi growled.
   "Wait... Has anyone-" Potato was interrupted by Anon.
   "Anything can happen in the span of a few minutes you know!" She argued.
   "She has a point you know, we could at least try looking for a way out on our own," Medi sighed.
   "Guys I think we should try-" Potato was interrupted yet again.
   "Look around, there's only one way out and it's that door, which just so happens to also be why we're stuck in here in the first place," Nutella pointed out.
   "Maybe we could try breaking it down? Medi is the tallest, he could try it," Lynx suggested.
   "I do not think height is what determines ones ability to break down a door," Medi commented.
"GUYS!" Potato finally shouted, managing to attract everyone's attention. She pulled her cellphone out of her pocket. "I was going to say we should check to see if we have service in here, but I already found out we do, also, blue leader keeps calling, but my guess is she isn't too happy about most of her army not being at their stations..." Potato trailed off. The silence returned, each blue navy member looking at one another.
   "...Wanna just stay in here until blue leader calms down?" Nutella asked.
   "As a commander I hereby authorize that course of action," Kiwi nodded nervously.