Roman (Ch.10)

"You can't kill him now. I'll never let you.

"What are you talking about? What did you do with Virgil?" 

"I took back to where he belongs. Safe far far away from you."

"HE BELONGS HERE! HE'S SAFE HERE!" The hooded man just shook his head. He was getting on my nerves. If he doesn't give me back Virgil I swear to god, I will kill him.

"You don't know the real Virgil. You don't where he belongs."

"And you do?" The man just smiles as he disappears into a cloud of smoke. "Wait WHAT DID YOU DO WITH VIRGIL!" I raced back inside and the others looked worried. "He's gone."

"What do you mean he's gone?" Logan was the first to speak. I was so upset nothing was coming out right anyway.

"I mean some jacked up hooded son-of-a-bitch just kidnapped Virgil. That's what I mean." I could hear as Patton started crying and Logan was already trying to formulate a plan. I just don't understand what that guy wanted with him. I don't understand what he meant. WHy was Virgil not safe with us? Why did he think I would kill him? Where did he think Virgil belonged?

"He's going to be ok. V-Virgil is a lot s-stronger than he lets on." We all whip around to see Deceit sitting up in his bed looking back at us.

"BROTHER!" Emma ran right into him, smiling like an idiot. Deceit wrapped her up in his arms. It was the first time I ever saw him truly smile. Honestly, smile, it was heartwarming. Deceit stopped smiling for a moment, before letting his sister go. He tried to stand up but swayed slightly and sat back down on the bed.

"What are we doing here? What happened to the mind palace? Where's Thomas?" Thomas came out from behind the others and walked up to Deceit. He grabbed Deceits hand and looked him in the eyes. We could all see how surprised Deceit was, after all, Before all this Thomas didn't even want to be in the same room as Deceit. So this must be a lot.

"Virgil brought you here. He, uh... He was worried about you. He knew you would get help here." Deceit scrunched up his eyes, obviously thinking it over.

"They charmed me. Wait?" Deceit looks over at Emma and she dropped her gaze to the floor.

"He said they... They're after him again."

"The person that just..."

"I suspect it to be him, yes." There was an immediate change in Deceit. His eyes widened, he jumped out of bed, and he started pacing.

"That stupid... Why does he do this? Why does he take all this shit all on himself? Does he really think none of us care? I care... I told him I care. He's like a freaking brother to me and yet he goes off and fights his demons all on his own. He can be such a hypocrite. He's all like don't lock things up. Don't hide behind a mask. Let the others in too. Be honest it's ok. Thomas loves you. Patton loves you. Roman loves you. Logan loves you. WHY CAN'T HE TAKE HIS OWN ADVICE AND LET PEOPLE IN!" Deceit stopped pacing. He looked around and instantly his face got redder. "Uh... I um... I mean..."

Everyone just broke out laughing. It was the first time Deceit said how he felt around us. He was so different from what he makes himself out to be like. He backs up a bit and we see his form start to waver. He started to look differently, his hair was lighter and his skin was normal. He had a gray shirt and blue jeans. Thomas just walked over to him. He placed his hand on Deceit shoulder and smiled brightly.

"He was right you know. You don't have to hide behind a mask. If we took the time to get to know you, the real you, then maybe that whole incident between us wouldn't have happened. Maybe none of that stuff at the Mind palace would have happened."

"It's not your fault. It that stupid Marcos." Deceit pulled away from Thomas and puts his back against the wall.

"DECEIT, It's not our place to tell them." Emma yelled but Deceit scoffed and ignored her. Typical siblings...

"What do you mean Marcos? I thought he was dead." I asked as I sit on the bed. All the people that were helping Deceit left so it was just us here.

"Hardly, That man's been trying to get Virgil back for years now." G-Get Virgil b-back?

"What do you mean kiddo?" Deceit just sighed and began to think things over.

"He's got it in his mind that if Virgil joins him then they will finally be able to be together. That stupid idiot broke Virgil's heart and now he's all like It fine now. Forget about the past. Forget about the fact that I broke up with you the moment you were leaving, when you were already pissed off over forgetting that it was your crush's birthday. Forget about the fact that I used him in order to make you feel like it was all your fault that I broke up. I'm sorry but I really hate the guy." 

"Wait I don't understand."

"The first day I met Virgil and Marcos. I was told to take him with me back here, to the eastern base. I went outside and soon Marcos and Virgil left as well. Marcos pulled him over to the side and then proceeded to break up with him. Saying, and I quote, You will never love me like you love him. That bastard said everything he could to make it sound like he had no choice but to break Virgil's heart. And now he's back, and he's doing everything he can to get Virgil."

"Ok, so the hooded guy was Marcos?" I'm still trying to figure all this out.

"Speculatio.."

"FACT!" Deceit cut Emma off. He was pissed. It was obvious she was just trying to make sure we didn't assume things. But Deceit wasn't finished. "Virgil wouldn't just go with anyone, and he can't just be caught off guard. AND NO ONE ELSE BUT THOSE TWO HAVE THAT TYPE OF MAGIK."

"Ok, supposing it is Marcos, Where would he take him?" I watched as the two of them looked at each other and sighed. I wasn't going to like this answer.

"The Hollow." They both replied in unison. I was right I didn't like that answer.

"Well, fuck."