Fourteen

It was the morning of the Quidditch match and Harry was just stirring from his slumber. He blinked the sleep away from his eyes and stretched his arms out, retrieving his glasses from his bed side table, putting them on and watching the world around him come into focus. He noticed Ron was out of bed and was staring out the window; he looked tired.

Harry sighed, it seemed Ron hadn't slept and was still in his mood. Suddenly something crossed his mind and took him by surprise because he had completely forgot about it. He sat up and reached for his trunk, taking out a small glass vial; it shone in the dawn light.

Just as Harry closed his fist around the vial; Ron turned around hearing the movement. He looked at Harry curiously. "What's that?"

"Nothing." Harry said, not able to keep the grin spreading across his face. "You're going to be brilliant today."

>>>

Harry and Ron met Hermione and Robyn in the Great Hall for breakfast. It was already quite full when they got there and everyone was buzzing about the Quidditch match that would happen later that day. Ron visibly paled.

Ron didn't even cheer up when other students came to wish him luck.

"Cheer up, Ron! I know you'll be brilliant." Lavender Brown said as she passed him at the Gryffindor table.

"Thanks, Lavender." Ron said grumpily.

"Good luck, Harry!" Harry was shocked to see a girl who he recognised as Romilda wish him luck. He had never spoken to her before.

"Uh, thanks, Romilda." Harry said politely. "Come on, Ron. You need your strength. Drink up."

Robyn found it strange that Harry was pouring Ron a goblet of pumpkin juice and looked at him suspiciously. "What are you up to?" She whispered to him.

Harry smiled widely at Robyn. "Nothing."

He was definitely up to something.

Just then Harry tipped his hand oddly over the glass. Robyn was going to say something but Hermione beat her to it.

"Ron, don't drink that!" Hermione cried, looking at Harry full of shock as Ron took the glass.

"Why not?" Ron asked, looking at Hermione strangely.

"You just put something in that drink. I saw you." Hermione said, looking at Harry accusingly.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Harry shrugged; feigning innocence.

Harry slipped the vial back into his pocket but Hermione saw and gasped. "You--Felix Felicis! Ron, don't drink it; you know that's illegal in games!"

"Stop bossing me around, Hermione." Ron drank the pumpkin juice in one.

Robyn was looking at Harry with furrowed eyebrows. A smile was slowly growing on her face. "You're brilliant sometimes, you know that?"

Harry smiled and planted a kiss on her cheek. "I have my moments."

Harry didn't use Felix Felicis, the bottle was still full and unopened. Harry just wanted to make Ron think that he had drunk the potion for an extra boost of confidence.

Hermione didn't see the vial being full and therefore was still going on a rage. "I can't believe it. You should both be expelled!"

"You're a fine one to talk. Jinxed any Quaffles recently, Hermione?" Harry said coolly.