Twelve

The students at Hogwarts were enjoying another trip to Hogsmeade where Harry was telling Hermione, Ron and Robyn about Malfoy, their hands full of bags and goodies they brought from their wander around the village.

"Harry, anyone can use the Room of Requirement. And if they get there first, it won't open for anyone the first person doesn't want to come in." Hermione said, her tone slightly exasperated.

"Yeah, but it's not right, is it? I mean, Malfoy! In our Room!" Ron argued and Robyn couldn't help but roll her eyes. It was like Ron went purposefully out of his way to argue against anything Hermione said.

"What's he up to in there? I'd like to know." Harry wondered out loud.

"He might not be up to anything, Harry." Hermione said.

"It's Malfoy. He's up to something." Harry said, staring at Hermione blankly.

"Look, change the subject, Harry, you're getting obsessed. Anyone find any information about Horcruxes?" Ron interjected to which Robyn was grateful.

Harry sighed. "No."

"I couldn't find a word about them. Not in any library book I could think of." Hermione said, looking disappointed in herself.

Robyn tried to reason with them. "Well if it concerns Voldemort than its most likely going to include some really dark magic, so I doubt it will be in the library."

Harry had finally told the trio what Dumbledore wanted with him and they now knew why Harry was so interested in Professor Slughorn all of a sudden.

"That's it, then. If Hermione can't find anything about them in a book, they don't exist, Harry. Dumbledore's having you on." Ron said jokingly, causing the other three to roll their eyes.

Suddenly, the four heard a familiar voice shout their names. "Harry! Robyn, Ron, Hermione!"

They turned at the voice. Hagrid was approaching them with Fang. They grinned as Hermione shouted; "Hagrid!"

"Good to see yer! I hardly get to, these days, with you three so busy." Hagrid said loudly as he stopped in front of them.

Ron leaned in, mock-conspiratorial. "It's sixth-year classes. They're hell."

They all laughed.

"Come to my cabin for tea tomorrow night, if you can spare the time?"

"We will. Tomorrow!" Robyn chimed in happily.

"Good, good!" Hagrid said, and ruffled their hair and he and Fang made their departure.

Harry, Robyn, Hermione and Ron continued on down the street of Hogsmeade, chatting among themselves as other students passed them holding bags of all sorts; sweets, joke products, new quills, everything.

Harry saw Katie Bell walk by them, carrying a package. Her face was strangely blank-faced.

Harry shrugged it off as he greeted her. "Hey, Katie. Good practice the other day!"

Katie didn't even blink as she contined on, not even noticing Harry had addressed her. This striked the quartet as odd as Katie was normally a very talkative person.

"Katie?" Robyn tried, louder this time in case she hadn't heard Harry.

Suddenly from behind them, Fang started barking, fighting against the leash Hagrid had him bound to.

"Fang? C'mon, stop that, you silly dog--" Hagrid hissed, trying to pull Fang back.

All too quickly Fang was free and bolting towards Katie.

"Fang!" Hagrid yelled.

Panic was rising in Robyn, something wasn't right. Something was off.

Fang was abruptly before Katie, barking. Finally Katie stopped walking and Fang took this chance to grab the package in her hands with his mouth and tried to pull it free from Katie's grasp.

There was a struggle, Katie refusing to let go of it and Fang fighting with all his might to get it out of the girls hands.

The package finally tore from the strain of it all and out fell a silver and opal necklace. It briefly made contact with Katie's bare wrist, flashing malevolently as it caught the glare of the sun.

Katie suddenly let out a blood curdling scream as she fell to the floor. The necklace landed next to her.

Fang whined and backed away from them both, looking guilty and scared.

Hagrid, Robyn, Harry, Ron and Hermione made a run for Katie, panic all over their faces.

"Don't touch it!" Hermione snapped as Ron made a grab for the necklace. They all drew back from it.

Robyn couldn't put her finger on it but it was like she could feel the evil coursing through the silver of the inanimate object. She was scared of the things the necklace could do.

"'Ere, I'll carry her back to the castle." Hagrid said with a shaking voice, picking up the screaming Katie.

Hermione used her shaking hand and aimed her wand at the necklace. A bubble formed around it and it lifted into the air.

As Hagrid carried Katie away, Hermione directed the necklace ahead of her carefully as herself, Robyn, Ron, Harry and Fang followed closely behind Hagrid back up to the castle.

Robyn breathed in deep, feeling her body tremble and her heart ache at the sound of Katie's screams. She felt Harry grab her hand and she turned smiling gratefully at him.

She squeezed his hand tighter in hers, needing the comfort of someone being there after what her eyes just witnessed...

What was that necklace and why did Katie have it? More importantly who was it meant for?

(Hey guys, sorry for the long wait again. Also sorry for this chapter being on the shorter side but I thought this was a good place to end it. I hope you enjoy. Until next time...)