Six

Harry wasted no time in following Blaise and Malfoy through the corridor of compartments, making sure he stayed a safe distance away so he didn't get caught. His heart was beating fast in his chest, and adrenaline ran through his veins, his mind racing with curiosity and endless possibilities as to why Malfoy was acting shadier than usual.

Finally the two Slytherins stopped near an compartment at the end of the train and to Harry's great displeasure Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy were sat in it, chatting merrily.

Draco entered the compartment and Blaise had a moment of puzzlement as if he felt Harry's presence slip past him and into the compartment. Harry held his breath, his heart rate speeding up. If Blaise mentioned anything then surely Harry would get caught? But to Harry's great relief, Blaise shook his head and closed the compartment door, sitting down, saying nothing.

"How was it?" Pansy asked as Harry climbed up on to the only empty seat in the compartment and hoisted himself up on to the luggage rack where he hid himself even though he was invisible.

Blaise scoffed. "That Slughorn. My mother told me about him. 'He'll try to cultivate you, darling, just like all those with connections.'"

"Sly old devil!" Pansy exclaimed.

"That's why he's Slytherin, like us." Blaise shrugged, smirking lightly.

Pansy giggled.

"Was the food any good?" Crabbe asked and Harry couldn't help but roll his eyes. Of course Crabbe would ask about the food.

Malfoy shrugged. "I dunno, I didn't eat anything."

"Poor thing, aren't you feeling well?" Pansy cooed, pulling at Draco's shoulders so he fell into a lying position on her lap.

"I just haven't time for all that nonsense." Draco shrugged.

Blaise eyed Draco and Pansy. "I would have thought you'd have liked being part of his Slug Club."

Draco met Zabini's eyes and they stared at eachother for longer than comfortable. "What's it going to matter, anyway? When the Dark Lord takes over, you think it's connections like Slughorn's that'll matter?"

Pansy eyed Malfoy suspiciously. "You say that like you have different connections in mind."

Draco looked smug again. "Maybe I do."

Blaise laughed, his eyes taunting. "Watch out, Pansy, you've got a would-be Death Eater on your lap."

Malfoy glared and sat bolt up, clearly annoyed. "Oh, shut up. Come on, we're here." He spat.

It was then that Harry noticed the train indeed was slowing down. The students from the house of emerald and silver stood up and Harry's breath hitched but he forced it to slow down and held it. It wasn't until Crabbe got his trunk did Harry's heart stop. The trunk had hit him and he had let out a small noise of pain as his eyes stung. He hoped no one heard.

Luckily, they began to leave.

"Coming?" Pansy asked Draco as she noticed him lingering in the compartment.

Draco shook his head. "Go ahead. I'll be right behind you."

Harry's breath hitched again. Why did Draco want to stay behind? Did he know Harry was here with him?

Harry's questions were soon answered when Draco whipped out his wand and pointed it at the space where Harry was lying, invisible. "Petrificus Totalus!"

The jinx not only successfully magically binded Harry's body together so he was unable to move but it also left him unbalanced so he fell off the luggage rack, the Invisibility cloak falling off him, revealing him to Malfoy.