Two

Robyn had managed to pack her bag and lug it down the stairs when she heard a knock on the door. Alex smiled at her as he walked down the hall and opened the door revealing Albus Dumbledore, dressed in his usual eccentric Wizard robes and his beard tucked into his belt.

Dumbledore smiled at the sight of Alex. "Ah, good evening, Alex."

Alex smiled warmly back. "Good evening. Would you like to come in, sir?"

Dumbledore chuckled. "Most kind of you but I must remind you, you graduated Hogwarts quite a few years ago so there is no need to call me sir anymore. Albus will suffice." Dumbledore said as he walked through the door.

Alex led him through into the living room and Robyn parked her trunk by the front door before following suit.

Richard and Ebony were saying their greetings as Robyn walked in, and Dumbledore's eyes lit up as he saw Robyn enter. "Miss Thompson, enjoying your summer so far?"

Robyn nodded. "Yes sir, very much, and you?"

It was then when Robyn saw the state of Dumbledore's hand. It was blackened and she noticed Albus barely moving it. She also noticed a ring; a gold ring with a black stone in the centre. "It has, let's say, been eventful, Miss Thompson. Thank you for asking."

Robyn looked up in concern. "But sir, your hand-"

Dumbledore waved his other hand absently. "That is nothing to worry about now." Albus checked his watch. "Ah yes, Miss-"

"Robyn, just Robyn, Professor." Robyn interjected.

Dumbledore nodded with a smile. "Of course. Robyn, I ask you to say your goodbyes to your family for the evening, we must be on our way to pick up Harry."

Robyn walked over and gave Alex a hug. "See you in the morning,"

He smiled and ruffled her hair. "Stay safe, sis."

Robyn then hugged her parents and kissed them both on the cheek before nodding to Dumbledore. "I'm ready now."

"Excellent." Albus clasped his hands together.

They walked to the door and as Robyn was buttoning up her coat, Ebony came up to them. "Albus, you haven't found out any information about these attacks yet, have you?"

Dumbledore shook his head grimly. "I understand your concern, Ebony and I may have a lead but I will not say anything just yet as I don't want to get your hopes up."

At this news, Robyn shot her head up. "Really?!" Robyn didn't know whether to be happy or scared.

"Yes but it still needs some investigating but I assure you that any information I do find, you will be told straight away." Albus said.

Ebony nodded. "Yes, well, you two stay safe now. Send our love to Harry." Ebony send a wink towards Robyn.

"Mom!" Robyn groaned, her face heating up.

Dumbledore chuckled. "Ah, young love." He sighed, reminiscing.

Ebony giggled. "I love you, sweetheart. See you soon."

"Love you, too." Robyn replied, opening the door.

Dumbledore seemed to snap out of his trance and he waved goodbye to the family one last time before stepping out into the night with Robyn.

"Right then, Robyn. Let's see where this endeavour takes us, shall we?"

>>>

The room was poorly lit. A soft hissing noise was sounding from a rather large snake, Nagini, who was slithering stealthily through the tangle of feet and wooden legs of the large table a group of people were sitting at. Nagini stopped short at a grand chair at the end of the table and coiled around the leg of the chair, making her way up to her master, who stroked the top of her head at her arrival.