16

"daniel james" phil yelled from across the room. dan rolled his eyes but smiled at the sound of phil's voice. he stood up and walked over to where phil was laying on the bed. "what phil?"

phil rolled over to face dan, "it's 8:30 you should probably head home so your dad doesn't... hurt you." phil said softly. "b-but i don't wanna leave. i'm scared of him, i don't like him phil." phil's eyes softened; trying to not cry at the sight of the terrified boy.
phil grabbed dans hands and kissed his cheek. "i'm only one call away hun. if you need me to, i'll come get you after your dad goes to sleep and we can go on some crazy adventure and lose ourselves for the night, with no worries." dan smiled and hugged phil, "promise?" phil hugged back, "always"

-
dan walked up the stairs to his front door, it's 9:10 pm because he got caught up trying not to leave phil. his dad is NOT gonna he happy. before he could even open the door his dad yanked it open and grabbed dan by the shirt, pulling him in and slamming the front door behind him.

"where the fuck were you?! i said 9 sharp! does the clock say 9:00 dan?!" his dad shoved his face into the clock on the wall. dan yelped in pain, "n-no!" his dad pressed him into it harder. "say it without a god damn stutter!"

"No!" his dad pulled him back and threw him on the ground. "you're lucky i don't beat the shit out of you. go to your room, NOW!" dan scurried his way to his room, shutting the door softly and locking it.  he took out his phone to text phil, not realizing it had called him and phil heard everything that just happened. he put the phone up to his ear, "p-phil? are you there?"
nothing.
"phil?!" dan yelled softly so his dad couldn't hear. phil replies, "i'm not letting you stay there anymore."

"i don't have a choice , i have to. he's my guardian." dan said sadly. phil yelled into the phone, "dan! this isn't safe! look, you're 17 1/2. you can leave home and all the cops can do is advise you to go home, they cannot force you. and if your dad tries to come to my property, the cops will be called in a heartbeat. pack your stuff dan. i'll see you at midnight." phil hung up and dan sat there, dumbfounded.

what is happening? he can't just leave. he's still emotionally drained. he's still hurt over kellin. that's his dad he's leaving. but he knew, he knew phil was right. dan can't stay there anymore. he wants a happy life, not one full of abuse and depression and PTSD. he doesn't want to self harm anymore, he doesn't want to be scared of his own home. he wants safety. and that's what phil makes him feel, safe. so he's going to listen to phil, and leave.
-
so ima start updating again and making the chapters a lot longer (not short like this one) i'm just hurting right now and i wanted to st least put something out lol