6

-Dans POV-

I walk back to the park in attempt to find Phil and Kellin.

Once I got there, they both were sitting on the bench, having a deep conversation about something, I'm not sure what.

"Kellin? Kellin!" I shout for my brother and begin running to him. He meets me in the middle and hold onto me like I'm his lifeline, and sadly in a way I am.

"D-Dan please don't make me go home! Dad he hurt me really bad! I hate him! Please Danny I can't go back!" He cried into my chest. I hold him tighter, trying to soothe him.

"Dan, your brother told me what is going on- do you want to stay at my place tonight? You and your brother?" Phil asks with a offering smile. I'm upset that my brother told him because who knows what will happen know but I'm also glad because I didn't want to take Kellin back home tonight.

"Really? You'd do that for us?"

"Anything for you Dan."

-
Once we arrived at Phils house I felt kinda out of place and uncomfortable.

"My parents are out at the moment it seems. I don't have a extra room so you guys can stay in mine and I'll sleep on the couch." Phil smiles and leads us to him room.

"Phil, you don't have to do that, we can sleep on the couch. It is your room after all." I offered, feeling guilty.

He opens the door to his room. He has muse, fall out boy and my chemical romance covering his walls along with 5SOS and all time low. I stand in awe because , he even likes the same music. We are practically soul mates right? "Make yourself at home guys, I'll see you on the morning goodnight." He smiled again and left the room after grabbing a pair of pajamas.

Kellin slept on a blow up mattress while I laid alone in this huge bed. I couldn't sleep, I kept having horrible nightmares.

"Dan? Are you awake?" Phil opens the door and whispers, I nod but then realize he can't see me since it's pitch black. "Y-yeah I am." I whisper back, trying not to cry from being so overwhelmed with life.

"Oh okay do you need anything?"

"No."

"Okay then, goodnight Dan."

"Wait-" I said before he shut the door.

"Yeah Dan?" He asked, confused on to why I wanted him back. "Could you lay with me? You don't have to it's just easier for me to sleep with someone here when I'm having nightm-"

"Of course I will." I smiled and tried not to squeal. God why did I invite my crush to sleep with me?

He climbs in bed with me but stays on the other side. Part of me feels hurt the other part understands because he's straight. And I'm 'straight' too.

I start crying. I feel like this is all my fault. Kellin is young, he shouldn't have to deal with a abusive father that has a drinking problem. And he doesn't deserve me. He deserves a better brother, one that can do the things that I cant. Like protecting him.

Apparently I wasn't quiet enough because I feel the bed dip next to me and an arm wrap around my waist an pull me close.

"I'm your friend Dan, you're perfect and your brother loves you and wouldn't want a different big brother. As for your dad we can discuss that in the morning. Goodnight Dan."

"Goodnight Phil."

And I was finally able to fall asleep, cuddling with Phil.

No homo though.

-
GUYS IM MEETING MY INTERNET BEST FRIEND TODAY OMFG IM SO SCARED AND EXCITED AT THE SAME TIME! I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU popsiclifford IRL.

QOTD: thoughts on Phils actions this chapter?

AOTD: he is speaking with his lion heart.❤️