Chapter Fifteen

Chapter 15

"Wow Sam...you look...amazing" Louis says.

"Thanks..you look handsome!" I reply.

Our moms greet each other and talk for a little.

"Let's get pictures!" Louis' mom requests. We walk out back to my garden and they find a perfect background. Louis and I pose together and it's really awkward. I grab my phone and hand it to my mom an Louis does the same. This will be a day I will remember.

After what felt like hours of pictures Louis' mom drives us to our school. Louis was looking out the window when his phone lit up. Stan texted him. Louis' background brought a smile to my face. It was one of the pictures we took just minutes ago. But Stan's text made me even happier.... *you know you like her..make this a night she won't forget :)*

Louis turns his head towards me but I pretend I don't notice. He grabs his phone and he must've read the text because a slight giggle comes out.

Once we get to the dance I thank Mrs. Tomlinson and we walk into the school. Posters are everywhere showing us where to go. Like we don't know how to go to the gymnasium.

When we get closer I could hear the music blaring. Louis hands the people the tickets and we walk in. I spot Lily with.....STAN?! She got her wish!! I run up to her and say hi.

"Sam you look beautiful!"

"You too! I see you got Stan!" I whisper.

"I know..I asked him though"

"Your brave!" I reply.

"See you got Louis" she smiles.

"Yeah, he asked me yesterday..but I kinda overheard you guys talking about it.." I confess.

"Oh. I knew it! It's okay. Everything's fine now!" She replies.

I go find Louis who is talking to Stan. I walk up to Louis and put my arm around his.

"What do you want to do?" He asks.

"I don't know. As long as I'm with you!" I reply before thinking. Sometimes my mind has others things to say then what I want to say. Goodness. Louis starts blushing.

"The music is awfully loud isn't it?" I ask him.

"I'm fine." He replies.

I wave to Stan who heard everything we just said. Louis tries to move his arm, making me let go.

"Did you see the game last night Stan?" Louis asks.

The game? Seriously we are at a dance. I try talking to Louis but he just won't budge.

"Lou-"

"Go talk to Lily or something," he replies coldly.

"Um sure..yeah..." I say and walk away.

It did shock me that he told me to go away. Instead of finding Lily, I leave the gym. I find my way to the front door and sit down on the reading circle patio outside. Thank goodness it's summer. I check my phone and Louis has called four times. Lily called twice and Stan once. I figured they would stop looking for me after a while. I begin to just look at the stars. dances aren't my thing. i was super nervous and I just needed air. i knew I shouldn't have gone. I'm interrupted from my memories when the school door opens. Lily.

"Sam, why are you out here?" She asks.

"The music was too loud and Louis was talking to Stan so.. I just needed air." I reply.

"We thought you left and went home!"

"Well I wasn't planning on walking home at eight in the night" I lie.

I was nearly minutes away from just walking home but then Lily came. I wonder why she thought of searching outside for me.

"Sam, if you don't like parties why did you even say yes to him?" She asks.

"I do like parties... Just the music was so loud and Louis told me to go talk to you and it made me disappointed." I'm surprised I let out my feelings...all of them about tonight.

"Sam, Louis didn't mean to hurt you that way, he didn't want to talk 'the game' he just wanted you to leave so him and Stan could plan out what to do...this is Louis' first dance too"

"Really?" Her response shocks me, "but still he was really rude about it.. Go ahead and enjoy the party. I'll be back in soon" I lie again.

"Alright I'll tell Louis you were out here" she replies.

As soon as she is out of sight I start walking home. I'm such an idiot for doing this but I do feel a little sick and tired. I decide to text Louis.

*thanks for a somewhat great night. I had...fun :)*

Minutes later he replies, *what do you mean you're thanking me right now? Where are you?*

*well I'm not going to see you the rest of the night so I might as well thank you, and I'm walking home..why?*

It took me a few seconds to think about sending that, but my thumb decides to hit the send button.

*Sam, walking home at night is dangerous... Come back and I'll call my mom to pick us up*

*no I'm fine* I reply back.