Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

For the few hours we were on the plane it was peaceful. Louis and I watched movies the whole time. Louis ended falling asleep while watching Jaws. I couldn't get through the third Jaws because we were getting ready to land. I take out my earbuds and wake up Louis to let him now we are here.

"How long was I asleep for?"

"Half an hour or so"

"Really? It felt like hours"

"Attention passengers we will be landing in two minutes. Please buckle your seat belts if you haven't and stay seated. Thank you" the blonde flight attendant said.

"I could've slept for another two minutes Sam" he says we a smirk.

"Either you slept or I would leave you on this plane" I smile.

The plane hits the pavement and I shake a little. I grab my carry on from the cabinet above us and stand up. We wait for all 3rd class then 2nd class to pass before we can leave. I walk out behind Louis and follow him to baggage claim. Louis parents follow behind us and sit by a bench until they see their luggage. I spot mine just around the corner of the cycle and run to grab it. Louis' luggage comes right after mine. I grab his and lay it on the floor.

"Thanks" he says sarcastically.

We take a cab for thirty minutes to Louis' house. I call my mom telling her I'm in America and we are going to Louis' house. I hang up and put my phone in the middle of me and Louis and look out the window. We are no where near Louis' house. Tall buildings cover my view. When I turn my head from the window Louis has my phone.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Um...nothing"

I snatch my phone from him and when I press the button to unlock it, Louis' face is all over it. I turn to face him and give him a sarcastic smile. He starts laughing. The cab drops us off at his house and when I walk in, it's warm.

"We turned the air condition off because no one is home" Louis says.

I leave my luggage in the living room because I know I'll be leaving soon. I follow Louis up to his room and sit on the couch. There was a awkward silence for at least two minutes.

"School starts in two days...excited?" He asks.

"It's school, no one is."

"Well then it must be british people that like school...."

I just laugh. We talk about school and how we want to be locker neighbors again and have classes together until he brings up coming to England each summer after school.

"Each summer? I don't know." I say.

"Sam it will be cool! Two best friends hanging out the whole summer. Stan said he may come next summer. You should invite Lily!"

Best friends? Oh. "Yeah maybe I'll have to talk to my mom about it."

"Please do! It would be so fun! I've never had a friend like you!"

A smile comes to my face. My phone starts buzzing and Louis grabs it before it do.

"Give it-"

"Hey Lily this is Louis, we just landed in America! We're Americans again! Meet us at McDonalds in ten minutes!" He interrupts.

"McDonalds? Really?"

"Yeah grab your bag we're leaving now!"

"Well your jet lag isn't bothering you!"

"Nope!"

I have to run to catch up to him and nearly trip when I run down the stairs. Getting a adrenaline rush after a four hour flight is unknown to me. Louis that type of person that can't rest until he has fun.