epilogue.

ELECTION DAY, 23:55

"Good evening, Prime Minister," Charlotte stood with her hands behind her back, quickly falling into step with the newly elected leader, as he entered 10 Downing Street. "Welcome home."

"Ah, home," the dark haired man repeated, glancing at her up and down, as they entered an office, his assistants hurrying to keep up. "Except, it's not really, is it? It was home for that last Labour bastard, and the Liberal before him."

"And now it's home for a Tory one," Charlotte said, unflinchingly. She did not agree with the new Prime Minister's political party in the slightest, and she certainly wouldn't be pretending that she did for five whole years.

Immediately, the middle aged man came to a halt, turning on his heel, and gesturing for his assistants to leave. They did, leaving her alone in the room, with only expensive furniture and a Conservative politician for company.

"She's feisty," he said, looking her up and down, as he wet his lips. Then he began to circle her- a shark and his prey. "And young. And blonde. Is it natural?"

"It is," Charlotte said, firmly. "And I am a lot older than I look. Now, you may be the youngest PM in history, but must I remind you that you are still old enough to have a wife, and three kids, who I assume are arriving promptly?"

"Er, yes, they are," the Prime Minister answered, somewhat flustered as she pushed past him to the desk, where she opened several files. "In the morning, it's far too late."

"My name is Charlotte Cardleman-Potter, most people keep it at Charlie, you have not earned that privilege yet," she stated. "I'm here to assist you as best as possible, when it comes to... inter-societal relations, so to speak."

"As far as I am concerned, my job is to oversee British society's relations and frankly, I am not about to liaison with any foreign tribes or the like on my first night as PM!"

"Prime Minister, you need to understand your privilege here, the last few guys didn't get this opportunity to adjust- they were just thrown into it with no awareness of what the situation was, or anything else of the sort but-"

"Mrs Potter, just spit it out," he said, rubbing his temples.

"Cardleman-Potter," she corrected. "And if you must shorten it, make it Cardleman- my father didn't raise me for nothing."

"Mrs Cardleman, then!"

"Prime Minister, somebody is going to arrive through that fireplace," she began. "And when they do, it's essential that you keep, calm. No faints, or seizures or heart attacks would be great."

Before the Prime Minister had a chance to answer however, the "other Minister" arrived via Floo, stepped out of the fireplace and dusted the soot off his shoulders.

"Good evening, Prime Minister. Congratulations on your election," he said, offering his hand to shake. "Allow me to introduce myself- Theodore Nott, Minister for Magic in the United Kingdom."

The Prime Minister doubled over, and vomited still down the front of Charlotte's skirt.

~

ELECTION DAY, 2018, 09:00

"Good morning Minister!" Harry laughed, playfully smacking Theodore over the head with the files he had in his hands, before dumping them on the desk. "Here's the first round of paperwork from my department. Just need you to sign off on a few missions."

"Please," Theodore sighed. "Let me borrow some of your energy."

"What can I say? My wife keeps me young."