38

WONDERWALL
...
..
.

Harry had never seen views like this. He had never seen seas that weren't murky brown, he had never seen mountains that weren't snowy, and never seen cliffs that were so white. He'd never felt air so hot, seen skies so blue or sunsets so pink and he'd never stayed in a house made of marble where everything was spotless without Aunt Petunia scrubbing away.

And he'd never been as grateful for the money his parents had left him as he was now, in Greece.

He was also slightly grateful to see Lottie with so little clothes on as most of the time, she lounged around in bikinis and satin kimonos. And although it wasn't as if he hadn't already been caught gaping, on several numerous occasions, he still made a point not to look too often, or for too long. He wouldn't be one of those guys who looked at girls like they were the golden snitch.

But the best thing of all, was being able to hold each other, night and day, for however long they wanted because they had no other obligations, or people to entertain.

And now it was his birthday, and he had woken up to the smell of home baked cake as Charlotte explained in response to his shock, that although she had a gardener's hands, her father was a baker and she had learned a thing or two. Then she'd rambled that she wasn't sure about her gift, and that she'd thrown it together quite quickly because she was 'broke', but Harry had almost cried when he opened it.

A photo album, documenting all their time together, each photo paired with a handwritten note and a reason why she loved him. He couldn't think of anything money could buy that was more lovely. So he'd showered her with kisses as she giggled, and it ended up turning into a tickle fight and Harry was just grateful he didn't piss himself from laughter when she won.

And all day, all he could think about was how grateful he was to still have her, despite everyone else he'd lost.

"Isn't it just so crazy?" Charlotte said, as they lay on the large white king bed.

The room had three of its walls that were complete glass, exposing a view of the mountains and the sea. She was curled under his arm and staring at the beautiful sunset in front of them while he stared at her.

"What?" He said, playing with a tuft of her curly hair.

"How all of the stuff that's happened to us feels like a lifetime away," she started.

"If I'm honest," he sighed. "Not to me. I still half expect something to jump out at us, or find out something horrible's happened. I still find myself walking in the dark and wondering what spell I should use in a duel because everyone says I can't just use expelliarmus all the time. But there's never any duels and there's never any use for it."

"What does that even do?"

"It's a disarming spell. But I haven't had to use it in months and that's strange to me," Harry explained and Charlotte shifted slightly, looking up at him and placing a hand on his newly stubbled face.

"This, Romeo," she whispered, her lips lingering close to his. "This is the new normal. You. And me. And a beautiful world. Because you saved it. Let yourself reap the benefits."

"Lottie," he started, but he suddenly couldn't think of the words to say. So he settled on I love you and kissed her firmly.

Slowly, the couple sat up, hands roaming each other's bodies, kissing each other deeper until-

"Stop," he said, panting slightly as he pulled away. Charlotte's hands were still lingering at the button of his pants. "We don't need to rush any more. We have plenty of time."