17

HOGSMEADE
...
..
.

"Nobody else knows I'm here?" Charlotte panted as Harry kissed her neck, leaving subtle love bites behind, only pausing to shake his head. "I'm just glad nobody asked questions."

"Not even Sirius?" Harry grinned, pulling away momentarily.

"He said something about borderline violation of the Statue of Secrecy, but he gave me the Floo powder anyway," Charlotte laughed. It was February now and she was here, as planned, with him.

They'd both done their fair share of sneaking around- it wasn't a Hogsmeade weekend so Harry had to use his invisibility, and one of the many secret passages leading from the castle to the village, while Charlotte had arrived via the ambiguous Hogshead, where the bar tender would never ask questions. Harry had only met his girlfriend five minutes ago, at the crack of dawn on the corner of a Hogsmeade street and already they were pressed up against a wall because, damn, he'd missed her.

He leaned forward once more to kiss her neck but she tilted her chin to join their lips instead and he couldn't help but think how reckless, how utterly reckless the entire thing was, and how he'd been nothing but reckless since the first summer they'd spent together, and how he'd likely be nothing else for quite some time.

"We're idiots," he mumbled onto her lips.

He felt her smile as she told him: "We're not. We're young."

"Is that not the same thing?" He joked, pulling away from her with a smile.

"Not always. My grandma always says it's better to be young and stupid than to be young and in love," Charlotte smiled.

"Is that not the same thing?" Harry shot back with a grin.

"I wouldn't know," Charlotte smiled. "I've only ever been stupid.... Anyway- back to my original point. Ever seen The Lion King?"

"I've heard of it."

"Well, the villain is an idiot," Charlotte told him. "He wanted to get rid of the heir to the throne, but he failed. And he isn't young. And Simba, the heir, he's young when he defeats the bad guys. But he isn't idiotic."

"Okay fine," he laughed, admitting defeat.

"Besides, I don't think it's idiotic to l-" Charlotte checked herself. Harry noticed. "To like you."

"It is," he said, before kissing her once more.

"Will we do anything other than snog today?" Lottie laughed after playfully pushing him away.

"I'm about to tell you my deepest, darkest secret," Harry whispered suddenly, and rose an arched eyebrow cynically. He moved his mouth next to her ear. "I wouldn't mind if snogging was all we did today."

"You're so flirty these days," she giggled as he pulled away "I think I've been a bad influence on you."

Then she draped her arms over his shoulders, and kissed him full on the mouth. Heavenly.

~

Harry,
Where on earth are you? Ron and I searched everywhere for you, and you're not on the map! This is the second day you've done this. Write back to me. Immediately.
-H.W

Harry rolled his eyes as he crumpled up the paper which he held above his head as he lay down, chuckling a little at the incorrect initials Hermione had written, although, it certainly made him wonder what was on his friend's mind.

He'd barely been back to the castle since Charlotte had arrived that Saturday, returning to bed late in the night, and leaving his dorm again early in the morning, when not Ron, nor Neville, nor Seamus, nor Dean, would see him go.

He'd taken his girlfriend everywhere there was to go in Hogsmeade, from Honeydukes to the Shrieking Shack to the Three Broomsticks. It was exhausting. It was worth it- seeing the light in her eyes as she took in all the magic, undisguised and wonderful. He wondered why he'd never thought to suggest she came here.

Now it was Sunday, and the day was coming to a close. They'd hiked up a hill that overlooked the village, a hill from which you could also see the castle grounds and they were lying on the wet grass, Lottie's head on his chest to... keep her hair dry. Her backpack was resting by his right thigh, a reminder that school was to begin again for him the following day, and she would be going home that night. He pushed the thought from his mind.

"Your friends are sweet," Charlotte laughed as she caught a glimpse of the letter, as the school owl flew away. She shifted her head to watch it go, her blonde curls tickling his chin and he kissed the crown of her head. She sighed with content. "Even when all I see is rubble, Hogwarts is beautiful."

"I couldn't imagine it as rubble," Harry frowned, wondering what it must be like to look at the castle from a muggle's perspective, vision clouded by muggle-repelling charms.

"I couldn't imagine it whole," she countered with a laugh. "Magic's amazing."

Then Harry realised something, and sat up abruptly, forcing her to sit up too to prevent falling into his lap, and he pulled his wand out of his jeans pocked. "I'm allowed to use it here!"

Charlotte frowned for a moment, then burst out laughing, which caused him to laugh and soon they were both gasping for air, tears seeping through their scrunched up eyes.

"Honestly, Romeo," Lottie wheezed. "It's been two days- and you forgot that minor detail?"

"It's your fault!"

"How?"

"You distract me," he said and she threw her head back, laughing once more. "Coloured smoke?"

"Coloured smoke," she confirmed and he delivered, expelling clouds of smoke of all the colours of the rainbow, and she laughed in delight, lifting her hand to touch it. "I'm a child."

"I love this stuff too," he assured her with a laugh.

"Oh, okay," she nodded, with mock finality. "That's alright then. God, magic is cool."

"Only mine," he joked.

"Especially yours," she said.

They both flopped back down again, proceeding to silently watch the smoke that evaporated into the bright white clouds above, which formed unusual and ambiguous shapes. All was well with the world.

All was well with them.

...
..
.

Hi everyone!
This is a filler. And it's unedited. It's not very long, and slightly cheesy but honestly I just want to get to the good part.

Qotd: favourite time of day?
Aotd: sunrise, even though I'm rarely awake, even in winter.

-Amber.