Chapter 10- The Hard Part

(A/N: this story is now in Isabelle's POV. It just fits better and I think it's easier to write)

I smiled in awe at the crowd of clapping and shouting superstars as we went backstage. I held the title as people hugged and congratulated me. This was heaven.

**At the hotel**

I walked down the hallway to our multiple-room hotel suite like a zombie. It was almost 2 in the morning and I was pooped. I held the title casually in my hand as Roman opened the door. I immediately went into a section of the room and set my title down gently on top of my suitcase before I went into the bathroom to change into some sport shorts and a comfy sweatshirt. I then undid the bed and heard someone in the kitchen part of the suite.

I walked into it and said "Dean?" He slightly smiled at me and said "What's up?" And getting a glass of water. I sat at the table and said "Where are we going tomorrow for RAW?" He sighed and said "Houston." (A/N: ik it wasn't in Houston in real life, but I wanted it to be in the story for reasons you will find out!) I groaned and layed my head on the table. He sat next to me and said "It would probably be a good time to see your mom." He told me. I rolled my eyes and said "Why? She probably hates me." "She doesn't hate you, Izzy-" I cut him off. "She didn't want me to compete. She's going to find out we're in Houston tomorrow and she's gonna make me come home. I just know it. I feel torn. I'm happy I won the championship but at the same time, I don't want to feel like I shouldn't have it." I said, a tear falling down my cheek.

"Hey, you achieved your dream. Be happy, this is your life, not hers. You tore the house down Isabelle. You did it. Be proud of yourself." He said to me. I nodded, trying to get myself to agree with him. "I didn't get along with my parents my whole life, so I get what you're going through. I may haven't have gotten to better terms with them, but you can. I tell you what, after we land tomorrow we will go see her...talk some sense into her. Sound ok?" He asked. I nodded, still a little upset.

"Thank you, Dean. For everything." I told him. He smiled at me as we got up from the table. I wrapped my arms around his tall frame and he held me tighter. "No Izzy, thank you." He whispered in my ear. I didn't know what he was thanking me for, but I let it slide, just enjoying the moment.

***
I woke up and put on a simple army green dress with my low top black converse. I ate a small apple since I wasn't in the mood to eat. I brushed my hair and teeth and then we headed to the airport.

I called my mom while we were on the plane. "Mom?" I asked into the phone when she answered. "Um, will you be home today?" I asked her, nervously. "Sure honey. Why?" She asked me. "RAW is in Houston tonight." I said. "Oh, so you changed your mind? You're coming home to stay?" She gasped happily. "No that's not-" "I'll see you this afternoon sweetheart!" She said before hanging up.

I sighed stressfully and clicked my phone to sleep. "What did she say?" Dean asked. "She thinks that I'm coming to see her and to stay in Houston." I said annoyed. "Don't worry, we will talk some sense into her." Dean said before putting his black beats headphones on. I yawned and tried to keep my eyes open. I had a sleepless night last night because I was up worrying about seeing my mom for the first time in about 2 months. And I just couldn't even think of the thought of leaving WWE and The Shield. I layed my head on Dean's shoulder which was actually comfy because of his leather jacket he was wearing and closed my eyes, trying to take a nap and not worry about this afternoon.

***

"Izzy.." Dean said and slightly shook my head off his shoulder. I slowly lifted my head and opened my eyes. "We're about to land." He said. "Oh the joy." I said sarcastically.

Once we landed, we drove to hour hotel. "Roman and I are going to head to the arena to rehearse for our segment tonight and get our schedules, you two can do whatever you were gonna do." Seth said, ruffling my hair. I fixed my hair back and grabbed my title before leaving with Dean.

We found a rental car and I held my title nervously in my lap on the way to my house. I told Dean where my house was and we pulled up to the driveway. I got out of the car and let out a deep breath. "Well, let's see how this goes." I told Dean, holding my title in my hand. I pulled out my house key and opened the front door. "Mom?" I called into the house as Dean stood behind me. She came down the stairs and into the doorway. "Izzy! It's so nice to see you!" She said and gave me a hug. "You too." I said without much enthusiasm. "Mom, this is Dean." I said, introducing him. "Come to the table, I have so much to tell you!" She said excitedly, not even acknowledging Dean. I gave Dean a nervous look as she headed in the opposite direction towards the table. I handed Dean the title as we followed her.

We sat across from my mom as she started speaking. "Ok, so I thought about what you said to me on the phone last time Isabelle, and you're right, I was robbing you of your childhood. So, I enrolled you back in the private school and you start next week! I also arranged for all your friends to come over this Saturday for a party!" "But mom I have a signing-" but she cut me off. "That's not all! I also talked to Booker, and from now on, since you're going to be home, I'll be paying for wrestling school and-" "MOM!" I said a little loudly, trying to get her attention.

"I can't." I told her, sadly. "Why not?" She asked me, looking disappointed. "Because of this." I said, taking the title from Dean's lap and placing it on the table. "Isabelle..." She said, shocked. "Mom, I appreciate everything you're doing for me, it means the world. But my place isn't here. Ever since dad died I was nothing but miserable. But when I came into WWE, it was nothing but happiness and Dean and the other guys gave me that. I'm sorry, but I'm champion now, I can't leave." I said, tears flowing down my cheeks. I couldn't explain the emotional pain on my mother's face as she stared me right in the eye. Dean squeezed my hand from under the table in sympathy.

"After everything we went through, and after I told you not to compete, and everything I did for you, you're just going to leave." My mom said, tears forming in her eyes. "I didn't mean it like that-" I said. "Very well." She said, getting up and leaving.

I sat there at the table with Dean, shocked. "I can't believe it." I said, now sobbing. I stormed out of the house, running to the car but when I reached the porch, he grabbed my arm. "Izzy, hey. It's ok." He said, pulling me into a hug. "That's one of the hardest things I've ever done." I said, soaking his shirt with my tears. "You did it though. And sometimes, the hardest thing and the right thing, are the same." "I hope you're right." I said. "C'mon, let head back." He told me as we walked to the car.

This turned out to be one wild day.

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating in a loooong time. ;( but I hope this made up for it!