Chapter 6- Turning Point

Izzy woke up and felt a pounding headache as she held her head. She seemed to be in the medical room of the arena. Seth came rushing towards her on the medical table as she fully opened her eyes. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Seth asked her, placing a hand on her arm. "My head hurts." Isabelle said, wincing in pain and holding her head with both hands and cringing down. "Where's Dean and Roman?" Izzy asked, looking up at him. "They went to get ready to leave, and Dean is getting food for tomorrow morning." She nodded and said "What exactly happened? I just remember falling and that's pretty much it." Seth sighed and said "You passed out and fell forward and hit your head on the steel steps." Seth said. Izzy sighed as he said "Here." He took her hand and pressed it slightly on her forehead near her hairline, where she felt a huge bump.

She winced as she pulled her hand away from her head. "That's nasty.." She said, laughing a little. "At least you woke up." Seth said. "How long was I out?" Izzy asked him. "Luckily, only about an hour." He answered. "Can I have some painkillers or something?" Izzy asked him, wincing in pain. "Wait until the doctor gets back, but here, drink this." Seth said, handing him his water bottle and helping her take a drink because Izzy had started shaking from dehydration. "I'm hungry." Isabelle said. "When Dean comes back with some food you can eat a snack." He answered.

"Speaking of Dean, did a miracle happen that one night in the hotel room when we left you with him or something? He seems to pay more attention to you now, and he actually talks to you. And, when you fell, he was automatically there and seemed the most concerned, and held your head until the doctors came..." Seth said. Izzy thought about how to answer him without giving out details about her bulimia/anorexia. "Umm we just kind of talked and we got to know each other better I guess." Izzy shrugged, winging it.

Seth was about to say something when Dean and Roman opened the door and came in. "She's alive!" Roman joked. Izzy laughed a little and said "Dean, I'm hungry, hand me something from that bag." She pointed to the bag of food that Dean had walked in with. He handed her a granola bar and placed his hand on her head and used his thumb to slightly touch Izzy's bump. "You've got quite the shiner there." Dean teased her. Izzy grabbed his hand and said playfully whined "Don't touch it, that hurts!" "Roman, let's go get the doctor and tell him she's up. We will be right back." Seth said to both of them. Izzy nodded and finished her granola bar as they left.

Dean crossed his arms around his chest and looked at Izzy. "What?" Izzy asked. "I think I know why you passed out.." Isabelle sighed, knowing this was coming. "You should have eaten the protein bar, Izzy. You need energy to be healthy and to wrestle. If you don't, your body will become weak and do exactly what happened tonight. You need to make an effort to at least try, if you don't then it won't get better and I will have no choice but to send you home." Dean told her. "No! Please, I swear I'll change!" Izzy begged, almost crying now. "Izzy, sneaking from me and not eating when you're supposed to isn't going to make you change." Dean said. "I know. But now that this has happened, I see things differently and know that I was wrong, I swear from now own I will eat healthy and exercise and give my body the nutrients it needs to survive. Please give me another chance!" Izzy said. "I will. But this has seriously got to change. You're lucky, if it was any worse and you were more dehydrated than you are now, you could have been hospitalized." Dean said to her. Izzy looked down and thought of the horrible sight. Then it hit her....

She was going to change. She had to. For the sake of her career, for The Shield, for Dean, and most importantly, for herself.

She started crying now. "Izzy I didn't mean to--" Dean started as she cut him off. "No, it's not that. I'm just so happy that I finally realized that what I've been doing is wrong. And I really need to change, for everything. Thank you for helping me realize that." Izzy reached over and hugged Dean while still sitting on the table. Dean surprisingly hugged her back and said "You're welcome, Izzy."

******

Dr. Sampson had checked Izzy out that night and she was diagnosed with a concussion. She had to do no wrestling for 3 weeks, or until however long it takes her to fully recover. Izzy explained to Roman and Seth that she had just gotten dehydrated since she didn't eat dinner, and they believed her for now. Izzy didn't know how long she could keep the secret, and felt pretty bad. They were supposed to be a team and she was keeping a secret from them. She wants to tell them, but doesn't want to go home, and she just realized that her ways are wrong and she is now having the confidence to change. But hopefully, everything will come together one way or another.

A/N: Sorry this one is kinda short :( the next one will be better I promise!! :) thanks for reading! Xoxo -Emi