Chapter 16- An Extreme Punch in the Face

I woke up to rain spitting against the windows of the hotel room. I got up and changed into light jeans and an old John Cena shirt from 2010. I had to mentally prepare myself for this day because of what was going to happen tonight. Tonight the boys were facing The Evolution and I was finally facing Paige for the title. I then clicked on my phone and I  noticed 3 missed calls from my mom, all within an hour of each other. My heart started to beat faster and I felt tears coming to my eyes. If I don't win the title tonight I might just go crazy. I had to win it back, I had to show myself that I was stronger than everything that was happening in my life right now. Most importantly, I had to prove to Dean that I want to be here and I need to stop letting my personal problems get in the way. If I don't win tonight I don't know what will happen or what will come of me. I need to prove myself worthy and shove all those thoughts to the back of my head. I have to be focused. Because after tonight, if I lose, it's basically over for me and my hunt to get the title back.

My thoughts were interrupted with a light knock into the small part of the hotel room. "Yeah?" I said and looked up and saw Dean. He peaked his head into the door and saw that I was already fully dressed and ready to get the day started. Well, the day started hours ago, it was already past noon by now. We got into East Rutherford this morning at 3, and right as we checked into the hotel room I hopped into bed.

"Ready for tonight?" Dean asked me, taking a few steps into the room. "Gotta be." I sighed. "Don't worry, you'll kick her ass." We both laughed a little and then he told me we were heading to the arena.

***

I slipped on my black, ripped jean shorts and my Shield shirt that was made into a crop top, and my boots. I started getting anxious, my match was up next and I'm freaking out. The thought of losing and what would happen after if that happened was tearing me up from the inside out. I really had to get my shit together. "You sure you don't want us at ringside?" Roman asked as I hopped up and down in place and stretching my legs a little. "No, I need to do this by myself." I said to him. He nodded, and then I heard Paige's music hit throughout the arena, and that was my cue to head to the gorilla position. "Go get em' girl." Roman said and patted my back. I slightly nodded and Seth said "Kick some British butt out there." I smiled a bit and then headed to gorilla, with Dean following me.

I took a deep breath as I heard Paige's name getting announced. Dean must've noticed how tense and nervous I looked, because he looked down at me and said "Hey, relax, you'll be fine. You've been a champion before and you can do it again. Where's that confidence you used to have?" I looked up at him worriedly as he talked to me. 'You mean the confidence I had before my life became trash?' was what I wanted to say, but before I could answer, our music hit. I then went out onto the ramp. The crowd seemed to be cheering a little extra loud for me tonight, so that made me smile quite a bit. I slapped a few hands before I walked up the steel steps and into the ring. Paige stared me down as my name was announced.

I was ready, finally. The ref took Paige's title and raised it in the air, signaling it was a title match. But just as the time keeper was about to ring the bell, Paige yelled for the microphone. I gave her an annoyed look as she brought it up to her lips. "Wow Isabelle, I'm surprised you have the guts to even come out here without your 3 body guards you obviously need. You know, it really surprises me that you have the guts to come out here, period. Because the way I see it, you're just a little 12 year old girl who fan girls over The Shield and doesn't actually give a damn about this business. I'm what a real champion looks like, and you...you should just leave and go home and play with your barbie's because-" I cut her off my slapping her across with so much force she stumbled backwards.

I pounced on her and I heard the bell ring. I had enough of Paige's bullshit. I hit her face with punch after punch after punch. She pushed me off of her, and she was about to leave the ring to take a breather, so I bounced off the ropes and hit her with a forceful drop kick to the jaw which made her fall off the apron and onto the hard ground. She eventually got up, holding her mouth with a shocked look. "C'mon!" I yelled at her to get back in the ring. She got back into the ring at the 8 count, and as I went to charge at her, I was met with a huge uppercut to the face. I stumbled backwards and she kicked me in the face, which caused me to fall backwards onto the mat with full force. She went for the pin, but I kicked out at 2. I sat up, and she wrapped her arm around my neck, putting me into a sleeper hold. I reached for the ropes, but I was too far away. I decided to try and break it, but she was too strong. So instead, I stood up and forced her backwards into the turnbuckle, which made Paige break the hold. I fell to the ground, trying to catch my breath.