Twenty Eight Lumps of Sugar

"We aren't doing this right now" I growl at Jack. He quickly glares at me and looks over at Justin. I do the same and I see Justin admiring Nova. I watch as he analyzes my daughter, the way she smiles, how she looks at him in curiosity, and how they both look way too alike.

"Rose is there.. um anyway I could talk with you sometime?" Justin asks as he doesn't break eye contact with Nova.

"I don't kn-" I quickly get cut it by Jack

"No. Absolutely not" Jack shoots a glare at Justin

Justin cocks his head and almost chuckles at Jack "Was I talking to you?"

"I don't care if you were or you weren't. But I will not allow you to be around her alone. I know your history with Rose" Jack growls at Justin

"Jack" I snap at him "I can speak for myself" I don't really want to talk to Justin about Nova but I feel like doing it just to spite Jack because he's acting ridiculous. "I'll contact you when I'm available"

Jack whips my head at me and I know he's going to throw a fit later when we aren't in public.

"Wait really?" Justin looks so surprised

"Yeah.. you still have the same number" I ask

"Um yeah I do" Justin says as he watches Nova wave at him causing him to wave back.

"Okay well you'll hear from me at some point" I say to Justin as I begin to back up the cart.

"Baaaaaaaaa" Nova tries saying bye to Justin and vigorously waving at him.

"Bye sweetheart" he waves back and smiles wide at her. Ugh I wish they never met because this interaction is giving me mixed emotions.

Jack and I finally check out and start heading to the car. "Rose are you seriously going to get together with him" Jack asks

"I don't know yet" I shrug my shoulders

"Why do you even need to "talk" to him" he whines

"Because he probably thinks Nova is his" I say as I step into the passenger side of the car

"But she not. She is my daughter. So thats that." He says sternly while starting the car and aggressively pulling out of the grocery store parking lot.

"I mean if you were him wouldn't you be confused and want to know the details to feel more secure about the situation" I explain

"Well guess what. I'm not in his situation I am the father of Nova so I don't need to put my fucking feet into his god damn shoes." Jack snaps back at me

"Jack! Watch you language" I look back at Nova and thankfully she is passed out cold. My heartaches every time I look her. The way her heart shaped lips pout out and her left cheek smushed against her shoulder is a face too familiar.

"She's fine stop being so over baring" he groans

"Thats not over baring Jack. It common sense, she is a year and 4 months old. She's just starting to learn how to talk so any kind of word Nova hears she will repeat." I explain to him.

"Whatever" I watch as he rolls his eyes and I just want to smack the shit out of him.

Jack pulls into our apartment complex and I sigh of relief. I just want to take a hot as shower and chill out with Nova on the couch. She is my absolute favorite cuddle buddy. I wouldn't trade my little Nova for anything in the world.

When Jack parks I immediately unbuckle Nova and quietly carry her in my arms so I don't wake her up, while Jack struggles to carry all the groceries. When I make it into our very small 2 bedroom apartment, I carry Nova to her bedroom and lay her down in her crib so she can nap while I take my shower.

As soon as I enter the bathroom I strip down and turn the shower on waiting for it to be the perfect showering temperature a.k.a boiling water. As I wait I look into the mirror. Ever since I've had Nova I don't really look at my body like I use to, but after Justin saw me today I can't help but look at myself and wonder what he thought. If he though I look beautiful or if I gained weight and look like wreck. I run my hands over my body and feel every curve I have tracing the small stretch marks that cover some of my stomach and hips. God I really should have used that coco butter lotion while I was pregnant. I feel the temperature of the water and it's just perfect. I hope in and hot water feels amazing on my muscles. I can't help but think of the time Justin joined me in the shower. Ugh I miss his touch I can't lie about that.

He looks amazing though today. I loved the way his light wash jean hung off his hips and how his white t-shirt was being strained by her beautiful muscles. He truly is a god. When I hop out of the shower I quickly dry off, put on some comfy clothes, and grab my bundle of joy Nova. I lay her on my chest when I make it to the couch and turn on the TV. Jack comes and joins us sit in the opposite side if the couch. Man I must be exhausted because I'm already dosing off.

As I fall of sleep my dreams are filled with Justin and Nova. Loving each other, Justin taking care of every up and down Nova has, and me finally happy.

Hey there beautiful people!!!! I really hope you enjoyed this please comment, vote, and please please please share. I love you guys❤️
-Olivia