Chapter 13

Jason looked out his window and the rain still pouring and drowning out almost every sound he heard.  A roar of thunder, a flash of lightning, and the whistle of wind was just outside his window.

Everything is falling apart... soon we'll be nothing. We won't be friends... Jason thought depressingly as he traced his fingers in an 8 on the desk, again and again. Then stopping with the tracing he closed his eyes. I can't think like that...   He urged himself to think. He couldn't have his spirits down, because everything was going to be okay. 

Everything had to be okay.

"Jason! The chicken noodle soup is done! Come down and have some!" Pamela Voorhees had yelled nicely up to her son. Jason flashed a little grin, thinking that a nice warm bowl of soup would maybe bring his mind off of the situation. He was very hungry, and soup would be nice on such a rainy, chilly, day.

Jason started to walk towards the door and grasped the doorknob. He twisted it slowly and opened the door, revealing a stair case leading downstairs. He walked down them and saw his mother serving soup in two bowls. She placed a spoon beside each bowl and smiled at Jason. 

"I know you love soup, and it is a very icky day!" Mrs. Voorhees said as she sat down at the table. Jason took the seat next to his mother and noticed the soup was homemade. "Homemade?" He questioned as he dipped his spoon into the yellow broth.

Pamela smiled at her son and said, "It's for my special, special boy!" Pamela took a little sip of the soup and flinched at the heat. Jason nodded and smiled in his head at the thought of his mother calling him special. 

He took his spoon out of his bowl and slowly sipped it. The warm broth made him shiver as it entered his cold body, turning everything hot. "Very warm..." He murmured, mostly directing it to himself, but his mother looked up from her bowl. "Oh yes, I should of told you," she said.

Jason took another sip in the silence of the kitchen and thought about how Freddy and Michael could be enjoying this warm, amazing tasting soup together. 

He could imagine it now, Freddy taking a sip but then spitting it out over the hotness of it and Michael laughing at Freddy over his spitting of soup. And then Jason, sitting and grinning at his friends.

It seemed like it was everyone's fault. If Jason just put his feet in the water, Freddy wouldn't of asked the question. And if Freddy didn't ask the question, Freddy wouldn't of pushed Jason. And if Michael wasn't a good friend, he wouldn't be so defensive of Michel and would of accepted Freddy's ask for forgiveness.

Wait, so if Michael wouldn't of been jason's friend, Freddy and Jason would be happy. Freddy wouldn't be asking for for forgiveness, and Freddy wouldn't be so sad. 

So should Jason just not think about Michael and just never be his friend again?

Jason needed to tell Freddy about this, and maybe they can both decide whether they should still be friends with Michael or not. Would it work?

"Um... Mom..." Jason said as he flipped his spoon over in his soup, sploshing it into the air and back onto the table. "I need to go to Freddy's house, I forgot he had invited me." Mrs. Voorhees looked questionably to Jason and said, "I thought Freddy always comes over here...?"

Jason searched his mind for an excuse and said, "Well today I thought we could just switch it up, since we always go over here."

Pamela shrugged and said, "Just be back soon, the rain is supposed to be really bad, and it's going to get worse and worse each night for two weeks."

Jason nodded and got up with the bowl of unfinished soup in his hand. He poured the soup i the sink and started to head for the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Freddy stared at Michael, not knowing what to say.

He's been wanting me dead...? He's a 6 year old! DEAD? He words in his mind choked him. He was still silent as he stared at Michael. A flash of lightning brightened Michael's face and his eyes showed fury. Freddy took not of Michael's almost pitchblack eyes and toothy grin, and almost shivered in fright.

"D...Dead...?" Whispered Freddy. His voice hinted rage, but it still sounded sad and weak. Michael said nothing for a while, making Freddy anxious for what he was going to say.

After nothing happened Freddy asked again in a more louder voice, "Dead?"

Why? What did I do? What did I do to make him this mad? Freddy thought, the thunder almost making it too hard to even think.

Rain made Michael's and Freddy's hair stick to their forehead's and darken their clothing to the point where it was almost too hard to know what color they were.

Michael slowly tilted his head upward to Freddy, their eye's locked for a moment. Michael's head bobbed slowly, and Freddy couldn't say anything he was too shocked.

"Have you always...?" Freddy's words were almost drowned by the loud sound of rain and thunder, mixed.

"Always." Michael hissed in a low pitched voice. Evil! Evil, Evil, Evil! The words repeated in Freddy's mind. He was too in-shock to say anything and it was until it felt like an hour passed, that Michael spun on his heel and walked away.

"Evil..." Freddy murmured his thoughts. "Evil! Evil! EVIL!!" Freddy had hoped that Michael heard him over the pouring rain, and he turned to walk to his house.

Evil... Evil...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael smiled as he started to walk to his house.

He threw opened the door, which slammed into the wall. The loud thud made everyone turn their head's to Michael.

"Mike! Did you just slam the door?" His mother asked in a voice that sounded accusing. His father put down a spoon that he was using to scoop rice and put it onto the plates, and he looked to Michael with evil eyes. Judith was snickering quietly, but Michael could hear it.

"No..." Michael said as he took off his shoes at the door. His soaked socks left footprints just like it did yesterday as he climbed up the carpeted stairs. He reached his room and walked into it, slamming that door as well.

He could hear his parents and sister talking downstairs about him.

"He slammed the door again!" His mother said, most likely to his father. "I told you a therapist would work..." His mother remarked. Michael could hear his father denying, "He is probably just mad! Something probably happened at school!

"School? He's a 6 year old mute, what could happen to him?" Judith shouted. "Now high school, that's where he would be slamming doors!" She snorted.

"Judith! He is not a mute, he is just shy..." His mother said cautiously.

"Well he is very shy!" Judith said, her voice full of sauciness and aditude.

Michael closed his eyes, tightly, so tight that it hurt him. He opened them and his vision turn black, but only for a while. He felt light-headed right away, and almost felt queasy. 

He ran to his bed and grabbed one of his stuffed animal. He bit the ear of the animal, trying to bite all his anger away, which still didn't work.

"Evil..." He said as he felt sobs coming. "Evil." He said again. Tears fell messily down his face and he rubbed his teeth together. "Evil!" He shouted again.

"I am evil..."

Haha, 13th chapter! Friday the 13th :P