Chapter 5

Jason walked home he soaking wet clothing that stuck to his body like an extra layer of snow-skin. 

He knew... he knew that I hated water... why had he pushed me so hard? 

Questions flew through Jason's head, wondering why that his best friend would do something like that. Jason had done nothing to bother his so badly. He had known that Jason was afraid of memories of his mother trying to save him from something he had done. The memory of your breath slowly escaping, no air coming into you, engulfing you, and tangling you in Death's trap, which had no escape.

Jason looked to Michael who looked like he was thinking pretty hard. 

Probably thinking on why Freddy would do such a thing to one of his best and only friend he had.

Will I still be friends with this... evil person...? The questioned stuck to his mind, wanting and needing an honest answer.

"Sorry..." Mumbled Michael, who's words sounded with anger and furry. Jason shook his head and said, "It wasn't your fault... It was more Freddy's fault..."

School. Jason wondered what would happen? Would they still sit at the table and act like nothing happened the day before? Or would they avoid each other and not even direct the situation, probably making the problem even worse.

Should he maybe call Freddy's house and ask if Freddy is there so that they could talk and go over what had happened?

Jason then saw the back of his house, which was about 3 yards away.

"Oh... do you need my mom to drive you home?" Jason had asked his little 6 year old friend, who would have no ride. Although, Michael's house was only a few blocks away.

Michael shook his head and smiled. He started to walk away and wave to his wet friend.

Jason had waved back and went through the back door up to his house. If his mother saw his wet clothing, he would be tangled in many questions. 

But, it was a little too late.

"Oh my! What happened!" Jason's mother, Pamela Voorhees had asked, who was staring at his wet, clothing, that was dripping dirty water all over the kitchen floor.

"I... I had..." Should he tell his mother that Freddy had pushed him into the rushing water? Or should he just say that the rain had made the mud slippery and he had slipped?

"Freddy had pushed me..." He said, disappointingly, for it was ashamed to say that his so-called 'friend' had pushed him into a lake.

Pamela had rushed into the laundry room, which was near the kitchen doorway, and had gotten a warm towel from the dyer. 

"I had put these in because I figured you guys were going outside, so when you would some in they would be warm and toasty. Are you okay? Did you swallow any? Do you need a glass of water? Why had he pushed you? Was it a game? Did he do it on purpose?" Mrs. Voorhees had rushed his with many questions.

Jason had answered, thank you, yes, yes, no thank you, we were argueing, no, and yes.

"What were you guy's arguing about?" Pamela asked as she wrapped the warm towel over Jason's shoulder, making him shiver.

"Freddy had asked why I didn't put my feet in the water, and then... it kind of spiraled..." Jason said, embarrassingly, for bringing up his fears of water made him sound foolish.

Pamela hugged his son and said, "I am so very sorry."

Jason nodded and said, "I am going to go up stairs..."